Snake sightings, encounters and reminders.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this story should put paid to rest about the theory that jeans will prevent snake bites ... NOT!

http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/se...eg-in-central-queensland-20180210-p4yzxk.html

1518331874_1518316428941.jpg

i do agree that a lot of luck is needed for a lot of things ;) ;) ;)
however i for one do not like to push my luck as i have Murphy riding with me most of the time (and he dosent pay his way)
so to me safety is something that is second nature (not that you would think so when i melt gold)
2 minutes to put on protection and i always wear high top military style boots
or hope and pray he only hits my jeans ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D

Recent trip up past Clermont I arrived at station homestead on the way for a swing, owner on noting I wasn't wearing gaiters asks ............ where are you gaiters ? He then strongly suggested I return to camp and get them. When a bloke who has been born and bred there states this, it would be but a fool who didn't take heed of the advice. :rolleyes:
This guy in Clermonts a lucky chap ........................ wouldn't mind betting he buys some gaiters ;)

Bit of a scary story alright, and having to pull it off his leg as well. I always thought they strike, bite and then let go, not latch on.

Bjay said:
Bogger said:
Bjay said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co..._dd368d18-eee2-4d77-a398-72069b05c073.jpgCame home from work on Friday to find this fella in my back yard. Hes moved on now ;)

Did you say moved on or mowed on ? :eek: If you remove the deck chute they relocate better as their more likely to clear the fence ;)
He got intimately acquainted with Mr Miroku. Photo not appropriate for the forum. :D

Best part about that is it also makes them easy to find with your detector :rolleyes: :Y: :Y: :Y:

A FORTY YEAH OLD TRUE STORY OF A KING BROWN....
My brother and I where on my grandfathers farm playing around, we snuck down to the jelly shed, it was just like an old outdoor dunny really, but this is where he kept all his explosives, away from other sheds etc. He had everything thing in there from DDT, arsenic to jelly for blowing up stumps and rock for making roads. But best of all he had the plunger charger.
So we would sneek in their and ZAP each other with it for, till one day a big brown was in there and raised between my legs!!!
I came out of there screaming more like a 7 year old girl!!!
Well this stired things up at the homestead.... the old man came running out yellling whats going on???
We told him there was a massive brown in the jelly shed!
He runs inside and comes out with a big stock whip......". AWSUM, he's gunna kill the snake using a STOCK WHIP...my dad the hero!!!
He runs right up to us...... WHIPPING OUR BUTTS FOR PLAYING IN THE JELLY SHED!!! WTF! He didnt even look for the bloody snake!
Yep, we never played in the jelly shed again......

Latest posts