Snake sightings, encounters and reminders.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldfreak said:
Bogger said:
junkdog said:
So with the talk of snakes, WHO carries a compression bandage in their small pack or pocket all the time in the bush ....I DO....it doesnt take up much room , but could save your life.....cost f..k all......

Good Value @ $4.75

http://www.shopfirstaid.com.au/?rf=kw&kw=Premium+Snake+Bite+Bandage+with+Indicator+
I always carry an explorer sock down the front of my pants for that reason.

I'm lucky in that I don't need the sock ;)

Bogger said:
Goldfreak said:
Bogger said:
junkdog said:
So with the talk of snakes, WHO carries a compression bandage in their small pack or pocket all the time in the bush ....I DO....it doesnt take up much room , but could save your life.....cost f..k all......

Good Value @ $4.75

http://www.shopfirstaid.com.au/?rf=kw&kw=Premium+Snake+Bite+Bandage+with+Indicator+

show off lol.

Who said they're mythical?
1518393159_one_eyed_snake.jpg

Goldfreak said:
Bogger said:
Goldfreak said:
Bogger said:
junkdog said:

Good Value @ $4.75

show off lol.

Ease up ..................... it's where I carry my pinpointer ;) Why else do you think it's called the Garett Carrot :rolleyes:

Naaaah I can't take credit for that one. I was about to create one but then I thought that I'd just check with Mr Google ... and sure enough, there he was in all his glory!

It was a toss up between that and this one...

1518422375_15285945.jpg

hi all as you know its warming up has anyone sighted any snakes as yet in the golden triangle vic as yet or have had any encounters please let me know thanks yellowmellow

more specifically the golden triangle in vic and what type of snakes are most common for the Maryborough Dunolly moliagul Talbot and Tarnagulla . Also what type of environment do they like to live in like what type of area i should say. Please let me know thanks yellowmellow

I reckon they would be in hollows of logs under rocks in holes in the ground and they like where there is a lot of fresh water around and swampy lowish river and creeks areas and thick long grass too

yellowmellow said:
more specifically the golden triangle in vic and what type of snakes are most common for the Maryborough Dunolly moliagul Talbot and Tarnagulla . Also what type of environment do they like to live in like what type of area i should say. Please let me know thanks yellowmellow

Contact the local DEWLP office and ask those who look after their environment all of your concerns, they know what breeds are local. Sounds like you are a bit concerned about them, your best decision will be don't panic if you come across any. Be vigilant and keep a watch for them. Different breeds will cohabitate in one location as for creeks you can encounter any local breed. The most common I've encountered near creeks are Tigers, keep out of their way and they won't bother you but if you upset one they can be very aggressive.

Latest posts