Smythesdale

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty22

Rusty
Reaction score
I have a friend who lives in Smythesdale just outside of Ballarat. She has an 8 year old daughter who is Mad Keen on rocks gems and of course Gold where would be a good place for her to pan around the area.

Creswick is pretty local and always gives up a bit or two :D
Theres heaps of info on here in regards to creswick.
Use the search bar "creswick" :Y:
its amazing what pops up ;)

Best of luck :)

You could try Woady Yaloak River in Smythsdale itself. Saves you going to Creswick. If you can get past the accursed gorse and blackberries you might find some specks.
I found specks of gold on possum gully road at Linton. It's on the lowest part of Possum gully rd about 600 metres in from Snakegully/Linton rd. It's been heavily dug over by the old timers. There is gold everywhere here, even in the road itself.

Hey Grey beard. I went to Linton today. Beautiful spot I was off Madden road I think it was. Lots of test holes but couldn't jag a nugget

Hi Robbo, I found a specimen nugget off Madden rd a few weeks ago. It was stuck to a piece of quartz. Gold is still there, just getting harder to find. It was about 200mm below the surface in front of a trench dug by some old timer. If he had dug another foot longer he would have found it. ;) The other small nugget was off Possum rd on the gully side. That nugget was in the inside wall of a small digging.

Latest posts