SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great finds and well done getting out in 30 plus degree weather SinHof. (Make sure your keeping your fluid levels up when your out in that heat too. :cool:)

Cheers,

GDG Bec. :)

Hi Girls and Boys.
Again many thanks for the comments everyone; yes, I make sure I'm well hydrated when out swinging on stinking hot days; normaly try and avoid the middle part of hot days. Todays hunt needed to be conducted mid to late morning to get the best go at it, the PD's and goldies from the second location made up in some way for the disappointment from the first area, you can't win them all.
Cheers, SinHof.

Depsite the grapes, still worthwhile with that nice 1942 sixpence. Don't envy you with the spate of recent hot days over your way, makes night detecting all the more attractive. :)

G'Day Folks,
Thanks for the comment Goldpick, also love night detecting, particularly out in the gold fields, not sure what Paul M is on about with his (bloody sour grapes) comment, must be the heat stuffing round with my mind.
Weather was kind today compared to earlier in the week, made the most of it and spent the afternoon waving the 3030 over some different grass with some nice results, including three PD's which were a bit of a surprise.
Cheers, SinHof.
1486023325_20170202_185541.jpg

Forget the gold (not) look at that silver SinHof, best new silver I've seen all day ! 8) :p :cool:

Evening Silver,
It's always interesting when a PD pops up with a string of goldies, I got talking to an older fellow out there today and apparently the area has some history dating back to the 1930's. Next time I will open up the discrimination a tad and see what turns up, to day the 3030 was set up for 50 cent coins and goldies, in the main, the area has a lot of junk screw caps and crushed drink cans and they, for the most part, sound pretty "dig me"
Cheers, SinHof.

HI B5MECH,
I have had a run over the area on two occasions last year and as you say it did not appear to have seen any detecting action, the goldie count was similar to today's hunt, it's quite a big area, this is the first time Iv'e been there with the 17" coil on the 3030, also I have formal permission to detect there so I could venture into a couple of blocks that I had not done a lot with on previous trips. The three PD's came from an area about a couple of squar metres at the end of the hunt so will certainly be back there and play with different settings and see what turns up.
Take Care, SinHof.

Those bigger silvers will always turn up with that lot too if they are there, with tose type settings, you can look for the littlies in the shilling coin spill now too (hopefully they're there as well) 8) ;) at least you know a good chance maybe spot to try. :D It's one of the reasons I kept finds diaries in the old days, so I knew exactly where the old coins were so I could go back when I wanted too, long after it's all gone from my mind. :lol:

Hi All,
Ducked out to a local park for a quick swing this PM, Changed the 3030 pattern to a more general discrimination. a good deal more so than when I'm in goldie pattern. The afternoon started off a bit slow so headed to a different part of the area and things started to pick up, two pennys almost out of the one hole, I missed the second one on the first pass but nailed it on the return run, long story shot, the hunt improved rather nicely.
Cheers, SinHof.
1486109089_20170203_160513.jpg
1486109127_20170203_184432.jpg

Latest posts