SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulling a copper could be a good sign no one has been there before
Agree with silver with the crusty 6p :)

Thanks there fellas, yes I wondered about the toasted green coin,will check it out later and see what's under the crud. Interesting one today, the first hunt was on a beach that would see a fair bit of detecting from active locals and that might explain why the bulk of the finds were quite deep, the 3030/17' coil combo might be hitting a tad deeper too than the detectors the other guys are swinging.
Cheers, SinHof.

Many thanks for the PM Silver, And your comment B5MECH, unfortunately the coin turned out to be a five cent piece, "bugger"
Cheers, SinHof.

Bugga twice, coulda sworn it was gunna be silver aye !
My first doozy mistake of 2017 (bad call by silver) :8 :lol:
hate it when they change like that, right before your eyes too hey SinHof. 8) :eek: :D

Hi Silver,
Not to worry mate, there are more PD silvers out there, just got to get out in the right locations and dig them up along with their larger cousins.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Folks,
Had an early lunch and took off for a surf and turf hunt, finished up about 5PM and had a pretty good afternoon. surf to turf ratio was about 9:1 in favour of the turf site, rather surprising considering its location; you never know what's out there until you go and have a swing over suspect real estate, this one payed off with a load of goldies.
Cheers, SinHof.
Cheers, SinHof
1483600581_20170105_180146.jpg

PS: What have all the regulads been up to,gone quiet here of late?

Its been raining up my way 8.(
Atleast the ground'll be nice and soft when it clears up :D

Nice finds too mate all those goldies will add up and the year has only just kicked off 8)

Thanks folks,my last couple of hunts have been quite good, trying new ground is paying off.
Cheers, Sinhof.

Nice total mate, well done. Always good to try any new ground you suspect could be good, only takes 1/2 hour to find out the potential.

SinHof said:
Hi Folks,
Had an early lunch and took off for a surf and turf hunt, finished up about 5PM and had a pretty good afternoon. surf to turf ratio was about 9:1 in favour of the turf site, rather surprising considering its location; you never know what's out there until you go and have a swing over suspect real estate, this one payed off with a load of goldies.
Cheers, SinHof.
Cheers, SinHofhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/972/1483600581_20170105_180146.jpg
PS: What have all the regulads been up to,gone quiet here of late?
I am still here. Yeah i know we have'nt had much action of late might be the ground is a bit dry. Hard to dig & hard not to leave a scar. I had a good dig today with the recent rain leaving the ground in prime condition for least demage. Cheers.

Ye mate im still here too
Ive been on the outside looking in. Havent missed a thing ;)
Looks like theres been a slight improvement
Hope it continues :p

It's good to see you blokes are still enjoying the hobby, all be it that the weather has not been too kind to be out and about swinging a detector and moving dirt/sand.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Everyone,
Spent a couple of hours pre-dinner at a local beach that I had not hunted for a couple of weeks, there were a good number of beach goers still there and judging by the state of the beach there had been a lot more folk there earlier. Again the results were pretty poor, three goldies, a bit of shrapnel and three toy cars, of late the toy cars are out-stripping the coin finds on the beaches, anyway it was a pleasant couple of hours and only ran into one other fellow detecting the beach.
Cheers, Sinhof.
1483834210_20170108_105828.jpg

I've been wondering where all the coin throwers are too :rolleyes: not sure if I'm still chasing winter coins or if it's all this pay wave BS that's ruining our world :8
soon we'll be finding those phone watch thingy's and maybe we can sell them back to the owner as a ransom payment for taking our coins away from going to the beach :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwmpxFvHTYg
You know the ad I mean with the weirdo in budgie smugglers buying a ice block in front of a little boy :rolleyes: :rolleyes: makes me wonder about their marketing team :lol: :lol:
Nice variety of a car collection SinHof :)

Yes Silver but only a small serving , B5Mech, I still can't work out what's happening around the beaches, well will just have to keep trying and hope to strike a honey patch/beach; cant wait for the weather to cool off and the long grass to hay off so I can get back out on the gold fields and do some serious detecting, not to say playing around locally with a detector is not fun/rewarding.
Cheeres, SinHof.

Latest posts