SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get a 1230 to 1234 , you know you have something different B5. With gold rings you take your chances digging up pull tabs . Sinhoff have you thought of going into the ring of the month comp with the tungsten carbine ring ? It's a great find Sinhoff.

Kind regards

Hi Gang,
Beat the heat today and had an early morning beach hunt, still pretty quiet, picked up a 1943 thrip and some decimal spends, The big seas overnight piled a stack of sand further up the beaches covering a lot of the detectable areas with metres of sand.
Cheers, SinHof.
1481337563_20161210_125248.jpg

G'Day, Danny,
Not sure if PA runs a ring of the month comp, did a search and it came back with a blank, nice thought though.
Keep swinging, SinHof.

Nice run SinHof, I thought all the sea silvers had washed away by now but that looks like it is freshly washed out from the dunes :)
Maybe another big swell and florins will pour out ;)

Hi B5MECH,
The thrip is the first pre-decimal silver I have picked up on a beach for quite some time, apart from the couple in the Cadbury container, there has been quite a lot of sand movement in the area it came from, the thrip that is, during the past few months, I go and have a swing over the beach and have picked up a load of pre decimal coins, last count there were 76 pennies and half pennies in the bag most are corroded beyond any use unfortunately, the recovered silvers tend to be in slightly better condition but some are well and truly worn beyond recognition, the area must have been a favourite beach haunt back in the 40's and 50's or there abouts, it's worth a swing after big seas move some sand about.
Cheers, SinHof.

Nice hunting mate. It's great that the 17" coil can still get the small silvers as well. Pity about all the extra sand there too.

Thanks Heatho, yes the sand over lay wiped out a swag of beach real estate, not sure where the big seas came from, there was no significant wind as I recall,just have to wait for some fresh drops and go from there. The 17" coil had no probs pinging the thrip, it was down about 300mm.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Heatho,
The thrip was down a fair depth, I'm, pretty sure you will enjoy swinging the bigger coil and the surprises that it will find for you, like I've said before it's my go-to coil these days and it's magic on the beach with just a tad of ferrous discrimination notched out along the bottom of screen.
I had planed on having a dawn beach swing this morning but still suffering from a rather big day around some of the vineyards up the valley yesterday, will have to wait till this evening.
Cheers, SinHof.

Just as you say Heatho, can't for the life of me think what causes the problem though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers, Sin"hic"Hof.

G'day Sinhof and Heatho . Your probably finding micro jewellery with the larger coil . I find the signal disappears on the big coil , but change my swing action to match the shape of the whole and it picks it up again no probs . Heatho you will love it , it's good in the water and superb in the parks also . Like Sinhoff said it goes deep do you need to prepare to dig :)

Cheers Dan, I've used it once and really liked it, it's still on the detector ready to go but it's been raining the last 2 days and the 2 days before that it was 40 degrees, really keen to get out for a swing. Probably won't get a chance tomorrow either, soon though hopefully.

Hi Folks,
Slipped the chain yesterday PM and headed to a few of the local beaches to see if things had improved. Gridded some large sections on two of them with the 17x13 coil and picked up $10.80 in decimal spends and two rings, the 9K gold one has quite a nice heart design but only weighs 1.07 grams, the other is an average 925 example of a silver ring, pretty happy with the results. Hopefully the beach scene is starting to pick up, time and detecting will tell
1482459929_20161223_122844.jpg

Merry Christmas, SinHof.

Nice work Sinhof, equivalent to a 1g natural nugget but you got artistic effort and refining thrown in for free plus saved at least $86 on fuel.

The rest is a bonus :lol:

Latest posts