SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the encouraging comments folks, It sure was a pleasant change from the last couple of beach hunts, lets hope the beaches really start to kick in over the Xmas holidays, some stinking hot weather for a few days should help.
Merry Christmas everyone, SinHof.

Thanks Heatho, have a good Christmas, had a swing for a couple of hours at another beach, should have stayed home, 50 cents,a desert spoon and a pair of broken sun glasses.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Folks,
Been a bit quiet of late with Xmas stuff, managed about eight hours beach hunting over the last few of days for a reasonable collection of decimal spends and one SS ring, well I think it's SS, not absolutely sure though, The beach traffic has increased but the finds have not improved proportionally, I'm beginning to think people are paying for food etc at the beach side food outlets with credit cards rather than cash, might be wrong though, hard to say, that said, the food outlets don't miss you with the prices they are charging, if you were buying for the family you would certainly need to have your credit card handy.
Had a swing for an hour this morning on a beach that does not have a food shop, disappointing, result, nothing, there we no signs that anyone had had a swing over it either, go figure. At least the beaches are reasonably cool early and late in the day and detecting is quite pleasant and a good way to work off some of the Xmas weight.
Cheers, SinHof.
1482897234_20161228_141609.jpg

Nice work SinHof, that's a strange Quote for a ring, can't even google it without google trying to correct the spelling :lol: :lol:
Hit the beach the other night for a disappointing $2,20 three coins total :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:
Hope the beach traffic starts soon, it seems like everyone that looses coins are away on holidays at the moment, maybe there at Dan's beach :eek:

Hi, B5MECH,
Yes mate, I recon you might be correct LOL, Danny seems to be doing rather well of late, I'm at a loss trying to work out what's happening, this is my first summer beach detecting so I don't have any history so to speak to make comparisons on what to expect; talking to other guys working the beaches over summer and they speak of significantly better finds in previous years than those being experienced by myself and a couple of other fellows that I have encountered lately.
I have started chain gridding a couple of the local beaches that should produce reasonable finds to try and minimise missing potential targets, thus far it seems to be working OK with a few deep finds turning up from areas that have seen a bit of detecting by other folk in the recent past.
Looks like it's a case of staying focused and keep at it in the hope things will improve; the thrill of the hunt is ever present and the chance of a significant jewellery find is a constant incentive, along with the coin side of the hobby.
Iv'e Googled the ring inscription too with no result, another find mystery.
Cheers, SinHof.

Not a bad number of spendables SinHof. These days there is just so much damned competition at the beach for recent drops, you just have to be at the right place at the right time to have any luck, or settle for slimmer pickings after the sun goes down. Hopefully things improve as we head deeper into summer. :)

G'Day Folks,
Hope everybody are handling the heat OK, not Ideal weather to be out during the day detecting. Escaped to the local beaches yesterday evening for a night swing and to get some relief from being cooped up all day in doors, escaping the heat. To say the results from four hours detecting two beaches was disappointing would be an under statement, given that both beaches were pretty well packed during the day, speaking to a couple of beach goers that had been there for most of the day, they had not seen anyone else detecting. At this point in time based on most hunts over the last couple of weeks the beaches are a great place to escape the heat and get some exercise and little else, lets hope the situation improves from a detecting perspective.
Have a great New Year, SinHof.
1483057262_20161230_110023.jpg

Not a bad little opal though, but yeah the beaches are a bit of a letdown a lot of the time but still every now and then you get a nice surprise, I guess it's why I mainly prefer hunting the turf instead.

Well done mate.

G'Day Heatho,
The little opal ear thingy was an interesting find, I spent a fair bit of time looking for the second one with no luck,it was quite deep so I cranked up the sensitivity and carefully checked the area, the 17" coil is a fab coil on the beach. The two little flower pieces were about a metre apart and down about 250/300mm not sure what they came off, initially I thought they were ear stud keepers but the hole is in the wrong spot, probably off a bangle of some sort. It's probably time to look around for some new beach real estate to play on, will have to see what pans out over the coming weeks.
Cheers and a happy new year, SinHof.

Happy New Year Folks,
Day one of 2017 has come and gone, by late afternoon the body was feeling well enough to get out for a swing so it was off to a couple of beaches to see if the NYE revellers had dropped any goodies in the sand. Much to my surprise, based on previous hunts, the new year kicked off pretty well, swung over two honey hole coin spills yielding $8 and $10 respectively along with some other scattered decimals and an American quarter dollar.And then there were the toy cars; those from this hunt and the others collected on previous hunts put together and I could start second hand toy car yard LOL. Looks like there are a few cooler days ahead so it will be nice to get out through the day for a change.
cheers, SinHof.
1483322449_20170102_115836.jpg
1483322483_20170102_115217.jpg

Looking good SinHof, going out myself soon now ,.... after seeing that lot. :D 8) :p

Thanks guys, lats evenings hunt was certainly welcome compared to recent beach hunts; nice and cool here at the moment so might have an after dinner hunt for a couple of hours, not sure where though at this stage.
Cheers, SinHof.

Thanks Heatho, going to have an early dinner tonight and then hit the beaches again, will interesting to see what turns up.
Cheers, SinHof.

G'Day All,
Hit the beaches again last evening for a couple of hours, a disappointing hunt to say the least, picked up $4.25. Decided to try some new sand this morning with better results, first hunt and all of the coins were quite deep, the beach had just been cleaned/raked by council, not sure if that had something to do with the deep targets.
Second hunt was pretty good with some shallow recent drops, one target sounded rather interesting, turned out to be a teaspoon, thought it might have been something interesting. The 17x13 coil still continues to impress with the depth it pings targets, digging a number of deep targets on the trot in the daytime heat becomes a bit demanding but still worth the effort on most occasions.
Cheers, SinHof.
1483427526_20170103_152633.jpg

Today's collection.

8) You have a sixpence in that lot SinHof (sand encrusted one) S&V it. ;)
Test it, it'll be a high tone like the one cent, not mid range like the five cent. :D

Latest posts