SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, yes Heatho I did see the gold bracelet, bet that put a smile on your face,veryyyyyyy!!! nice.
Cheers SinHof.

Hi Folks,
Had a night swing after dinner last evening, nothing on the main beaches so headed up into the dunes for a change in scenery, picked up $5 in goldies and a nice 925 silver ring with small white stones around its circumference, most likely CZ's, the better half thought it was well worth wearing, quite spectacular in the right lighting conditions.
For some reason the beach scene is just not happening, at least for me and after quite a few detects over many hours, night and day the results are pretty ordinary given the beach traffic over the last couple of weeks of hot weather; lets hope this situation improves it's quite pleasant working the beaches just on and after dark with a nice noreaster to keep you company.
Cheers, Sinhof.
1480383056_20161129_112200.jpg

I'm in the same book got $2.62 on Sunday night, it is still a little quiet on some beaches here
Nice to find a ring like that though :eek:

Nice ring Sinhof, yeah me too, the beaches are pretty barren around here, I just got lucky the other week with that one good find.... I'll keep hitting the beaches now and then as there has to be something good on one somewhere.

Thanks for the comments folks,it's 8.50 and I'm just back from a quick swing in a near by park, I walked from home and did not take any mosi repellant, dam near had to run home to get away from the biting little sods, picked up 2x $1 goldies and another 925 ring.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Folks,
Made it out last evening for a twilight/night swing for a couple of hours in the cool, not too much came to light,just over $9's in decimal spends and some junk jewellery, the Mimco wrist thing had me going for a short time, but it's gold plated brass, bugger. The evening was pleasant and the exercise was welcome.
Cheers, SinHof
1480816975_20161204_112317.jpg

Ya wouldn't starve on a trip away from home SinHof, thatstfor sure ! :D :cool:

Thanks for the comments guys.
Now for today's pre-dinner beach hunt; looking back over the months since Ramjet et al got me started on this coin relic detecting caper, today's hunt would have to be the stand-out session to-date. The hunt started out fairly slow with a run of three five cent decimals, "dam! here we go again I'm, thinking" as the beach crowd starts to thin out a bit I'm able to move in closer to where the masses were located, out of nowhere a lady appears, can you help me? she goes on to explain she has lost an ear ring/stud that she had been given as a birthday gift, it's metal, will your machine be able to locate it? she shows me the matching piece, OK I say lets see what we can do; metal! yes, rose gold Hmmmmm. The lady in question guides me through the remaining mass of beach goers, most of whom are probably wondering what is going on; "I lost it somewhere in this area", husband and kids agreeing; second swing and the 3030 comes to life, 13/3 at six inches, is that it? please people give me some space to work, kids madly scratching around the coil, a couple of scrapes with the boot and a quick point with the pin pointer and out pops the the ear ring/stud, one very happy lady, what can I offer you for finding my treasure? nothing I say just happy to be able to help out, the surrounding crowd look kind of dumb founded that an old bloke and his funny machine could some how do in a minute or so that a number of people could not achieve scratching around like a bunch of chooks. After moving off to a now vacant area of beach and concentrating on looking for targets a young kid approaches me, " mum said to give you this for finding her ear ring/stud, his out stretched hand clutching a $5 note " tell your mum she did not have to reward me for finding her much loved ear piece, thank her for me", looking back a few minutes later and the family had gone.
The rest of the hunt resulted in a few $'s in decimal spends and some considerable distance from the car park, as dinner time was fast approaching I opted for a short cut across the sand dunes, swinging as I went. A very confused target screamed at me, audio and TID numbers all over the place and quite deep, the 3030 did not seem to know where to settle; that's a long way different to any thing I could remember hearing before, curiosity got the better of me and the digging started, down and down some more, close to 500mm the pin pointer tells me its in the back of the hole at the bottom, finally out comes what I initially thought was a drink can, when in fact it was a plastic Cadbury's container dated best before 28 April 2017. It rattled when shaken and had a fair bit of weight to it, the contents were rather surprising to say the least.
To be continued.
Cheers, SinHof.
1480850722_20161204_185850.jpg

Well done mate for finding the earing for lady.

OK now you have me intriguiged about the chocky container??? :D Sounds like it wasn't chockies that were in it.......

SinHof said:
Thanks for the comments guys.
Now for today's pre-dinner beach hunt; looking back over the months since Ramjet et al got me started on this coin relic detecting caper, today's hunt would have to be the stand-out session to-date. The hunt started out fairly slow with a run of three five cent decimals, "dam! here we go again I'm, thinking" as the beach crowd starts to thin out a bit I'm able to move in closer to where the masses were located, out of nowhere a lady appears, can you help me? she goes on to explain she has lost an ear ring/stud that she had been given as a birthday gift, it's metal, will your machine be able to locate it? she shows me the matching piece, OK I say lets see what we can do; metal! yes, rose gold Hmmmmm. The lady in question guides me through the remaining mass of beach goers, most of whom are probably wondering what is going on; "I lost it somewhere in this area", husband and kids agreeing; second swing and the 3030 comes to life, 13/3 at six inches, is that it? please people give me some space to work, kids madly scratching around the coil, a couple of scrapes with the boot and a quick point with the pin pointer and out pops the the ear ring/stud, one very happy lady, what can I offer you for finding my treasure? nothing I say just happy to be able to help out, the surrounding crowd look kind of dumb founded that an old bloke and his funny machine could some how do in a minute or so that a number of people could not achieve scratching around like a bunch of chooks. After moving off to a now vacant area of beach and concentrating on looking for targets a young kid approaches me, " mum said to give you this for finding her ear ring/stud, his out stretched hand clutching a $5 note " tell your mum she did not have to reward me for finding her much loved ear piece, thank her for me", looking back a few minutes later and the family had gone.
The rest of the hunt resulted in a few $'s in decimal spends and some considerable distance from the car park, as dinner time was fast approaching I opted for a short cut across the sand dunes, swinging as I went. A very confused target screamed at me, audio and TID numbers all over the place and quite deep, the 3030 did not seem to know where to settle; that's a long way different to any thing I could remember hearing before, curiosity got the better of me and the digging started, down and down some more, close to 500mm the pin pointer tells me its in the back of the hole at the bottom, finally out comes what I initially thought was a drink can, when in fact it was a plastic Cadbury's container dated best before 28 April 2017. It rattled when shaken and had a fair bit of weight to it, the contents were rather surprising to say the least.
To be continued.
Cheers, SinHof.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/972/1480850722_20161204_185850.jpg
You can't do that :eek: . I'm guessing it wasn't full of chocolate??

I do love a cliffhanger !
:eek: 8) 8) 8) :p
like that you scored the lady's stud for her too. :cool:

Latest posts