SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening Goldpick,
Yes, beach finds using the 17"x 13" coil on the CTX3030, this is my go-to rig for beach hunting now, unless I hit a trash intensive spot where I go back to a smaller coil depending on the trash density.
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
Thanks for the comments guys; I shall have to sort my macro lens and camera out so I can make a better fist of some of my smaller finds, the phone camera is not the best for this type of work; I have all of the gear but the phone camera is a bit too convenient.
Cheers, SinHof.

Just wondering if anyone has tried those lenses you can get to attach to your phone. Are they worth getting?

SinHof said:
Evening Goldpick,
Yes, beach finds using the 17"x 13" coil on the CTX3030, this is my go-to rig for beach hunting now, unless I hit a trash intensive spot where I go back to a smaller coil depending on the trash density.
Cheers, SinHof.

I'm going to get a 17"x13" very soon mate, I'm totally convinced. :D

Hi Folks,
Went for a breath of sea air yesterday Pm for a couple of hours and came home via a local park to top up the finds, the beach scene was a bit slow find wise, not enough people at this stage, park finds were a little better.
Cheers, SinHof.
1476314110_20161013_095853.jpg

Hi Sandta,
Mate! you will have to get yourself down here again and we will get out for a swing on the beaches and give the "French Connection" a bit of serious competition, LOL.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi All,
Headed south to do some chores and had a swing on the beach on the way home, toasted 10's seemed to be the theme for the morning, a 500 yen too, I think, also came to light, all but the $2 were down deep and not seen daylight for a long time. A pleasant morning to be out and about after being house bound yesterday due to the rain.
SinHof.
1476413801_20161014_134155.jpg

Interesting gold ring , there is a qld jeweler who marks his rings etc by inserting a small ruby , great find . Oops a little behind the ball game here the ring from the 10th.

Dan

Sheeeeesh RS, how did I miss spotting that one, I must be getting a bit slack, not enough time of late out in the gold fields.
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
Sheeeeesh RS, how did I miss spotting that one, I must be getting a bit slack, not enough time of late out in the gold fields.
Cheers, SinHof.

Ive seen your nuggets (The golden type) you would need a larger base to mount such finds compared to my SDC finds..............!

An hours drive to the nearest gold is a challenge for sure!

Cheers

Hope to catch up at Hill End in a few weeks all going well and hopefully change my name to "Retirement Nugget" not "Retirement Square Nail"

RS

G'Day RS,
Not sure at this stage if I will make it to HE for the NAPFA AGM, there is a lot happening at the moment that may prevent me from making it on the 12th Nov.
I'm only a call away and a couple of km if you would like to have a chat and a beer.
Cheers, Sinhof.
PS: Retirement Nugget; sounds good, has a nice ring to it.

Hi Folks,
Have been pretty busy of late and away chasing the yellow metal, so have not been doing a great lot locally, the 3030 had a run on some interesting gold field real estate last week, a lovely old spoon, squashed thimble, lead bullet, 32 cal musket ball, buttons and a rusty iron ring and half an old pick head were the main finds.
Back home, a couple of night detects came up with some interesting 925 silver finds and some decimal spends.
From here on in will be looking forward to some serious beach detecting and any other worthwhile looking locations.that crop up.
Cheers, SinHof.
1479864163_20161123_112055.jpg
1479864279_20161123_112626.jpg

Nice hunting mate, the silver bracelet thing looks very nice, gotta be happy with that.

Hmmm did you see the gold bracelet I found last weekend over in my thread? It's a beauty. :) Was my first really good beach find.

Latest posts