SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Folks,
Looks like you've all been having a great run with all manner of interesting finds, just got home earlier today from six days swinging around the New England looking at a few old gold mining sites. Not too much to show in terms of old coins, which was rather surprising to say the least; all were on private property and would not have had a detector over them, they dated back to the 1860's.
Found some interesting and odd bits, will post some photos when I get a chance to sort them out a bit.
1475823535_20161004_111459.jpg

A find/catch of a different kind.
1475823638_20161002_184010.jpg
1475823851_20161004_155759.jpg

One of the old sites visited, one interesting find as yet a mystery as to what it is or was used for; picture to follow.
Cheers SinHof.

Hi Jaros,
My understanding was that it was pushed over and buried with a dozer to clean up the area, a couple of the targets were pretty much flattened.
SinHof.

Nice hunting mate, some nice old coins there. Will give you a call over the weekend, so we can finish the conversation from the other day. :)

Evening Heatho,
Had an interesting six days away, the coin finds were a tad sparse, given the sites and their history I thought there should have been a few more to be found, the Florin came from the front of the old shearer's quarters on a friends property.
Will talk over the weekend.
Cheers, SinHof.

Nice looking rod n reel, really miss my Salmon fishing from back home.
The coins look like great condition

Hi Folks,
Thanks for the comments; Colin D;the rod is a 4 weight GLX Loomis and the reel a Loop Stream, a great combo and a pleasure to cast. Back to the finds.
1475886025_20161008_103640.jpg

1475886025_20161008_103651.jpg

A selection of old stuff, some recognisable, and a few not so.
1475886196_20161008_103719.jpg

1475886196_20161008_103733.jpg

1475886197_20161008_103755.jpg

This piece of equipment is a mystery as to what it was used for, at first I thought it could have been an old 12 gauge cartridge loader, but not like any other I've seen and I've seen plenty; some kind of soda fountain? Any one got any clues as to what it may be?
The body is solid brass and what looks like a bench clamp at the base, the top section looks like it's designed to swivel and a plunger seems to slide up through the main body, over all it is quite heavy and is about 250 mm long.
Cheers, SinHof.

Interesting find SinHof

Thought it might have been a primer popper to start with but the locking mechanism is an interesting feature.

Is that another "success to horse teams" bell ?

Maybe a bottle cap press, first thought it looked like a small tractor steering part but not brass, arbor press?
Nice trout, what waterway did you grab him from?
Nice hunting

Hi All,
B5mECH, the trout came from a catch and release dam in one of my grazier friends front yard, lucky bugger,the local streams were all running high and dirty. Wally69; at this stage I have not got a clue as to what that find was used for, it seems to have three sets of working parts and I suspect that liquids are involved somewhere in the mystery of its use.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Wally69,
RE: the bell;it's brass and has one side broken out of it and no knocker, had a hard life; pity, it would have been an interesting item if it was in tact and polished up.
Cheers, SinHof.

Evening Gentlemen,
Had a swing for a few hours this PM with some interesting finds, coin wise, came home with just over $10 in goldies and other decimals, the interesting aspect is that I pulled a silver ring marked 925 KN, not sure what the KN bit is, perhaps the makers name and a gold ring marked 375 (9K)along with a hall mark, a star over the letter L in an elongated hexagon border, both came from the one deep hole, surprise, surprise, it certainly pays to check holes before back-filling them.
Pretty happy with the arvo's result and so is the better half.
Cheers, Sinhof.
1476088215_20161010_185729.jpg

Nice work Sinhof, you're a gold magnet lol. I can't find a gold ring at the moment to save myself.

Little Ruby in the gold ring maybe a Tsavorite Garnet (if you're lucky) in the silver ring.

Well done. :)

Thanks for the comments guys; I shall have to sort my macro lens and camera out so I can make a better fist of some of my smaller finds, the phone camera is not the best for this type of work; I have all of the gear but the phone camera is a bit too convenient.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts