Silver at last

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you live near some great country side. Soil looks like its kinder to the coins as well. My pennies are all basically stuffed.

Are you covering much ground with the Nox coil?

Hi Detectorist, Lot of different soil types around my area, from good sandy ground to swampy which eats coppers alive.
I do cover a fair bit of ground with this coil, but with the grass being so long at the moment, it is usually low
and slow.I won't be getting a bigger coil though, the 11 inch is more than big enough for me, I don't do beaches and
too much long grass for a bigger coil to handle.

ktmman said:
:eek: What da 8) has everyone got an equinox now :eek:
Search Results
Dictionary
equinox
ikwnks,kwnks/
noun
noun: equinox; plural noun: equinoxes

the time or date (twice each year) at which the sun crosses the celestial equator, when day and night are of equal length (about 22 September and 20 March).
another term for equinoctial point.
Hope that doesn't mean you guys will wear em out from over use :lol: :lol:
Smashin it K :party: :rainbow: Love that lock, what a cracker 8) :Y:

Not wrong on loving those cricket grounds, outstanding results once again. Interesting copper pendant, would be interesting to research that a bit further if you can reval more of the lettering.

What was the coin with the square nail hole - a brit penny? These are often good luck charms nail to the front gate or doors of older homes, can sometimes be quite old coins from the motherland including irish coins. :)

Hey Goldpick, the penny is 1890,found on the far side of the cricket field away from a hall, so anything's possible.
I should look into that pendant, if I find anything, I'll let you know.

Had an early mark from work today, checked an old spot I hadn't done since getting the Nox. Here's a hint on where it was.
1525424413_20180504_3.jpg

1525424444_20180504_6.jpg

1525424482_20180504_5.jpg

On the way home I stopped in at a site I've been researching, looks quite promising.
1525424913_20180504_1.jpg

And the finds.
1525424947_20180504_4.jpg

1525424965_20180504_2.jpg

Wow looks promising. Awesome old coins there :eek: :eek: Im reasonabley new to coin hunting mate so please forgive me for not knowing..But is that first one a coin.

Smoky bandit said:
Wow looks promising. Awesome old coins there :eek: :eek: Im reasonabley new to coin hunting mate so please forgive me for not knowing..But is that first one a coin.
Hey Smoky, it's a Queensland railway button, found at an old railway station/town I've been to 3-4 times before.
Those pennies would deff have been walked over with the 705, just couldn't get a good tone on them it seems.

Latest posts