Show us your Isolation Projects

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While playing around with the Pajero, I even found an appropriate decal for the bonnet :skull: :playful:
1589975014_ded_mary_pic.jpg

LoneWolf said:
Ded Driver said:

:clap: Well done.. Looks good.. :Y: Its on My to do list to mine soon using 60mm Gauges.. :D

LW...
LW i think you might find the 60mm gauges might not fit under the factory pod cover. The 50mm ones are a very close fit as they extend out further than the factory module.
You might need to do a custom cover.

edit
on closer inspection of both, the 60mm might fit, if they arent any longer than the 50mm units

Is that a gen 2 Pajero? I miss my old Pajero. It was a non turbo gutless timing chained diesel second hand import thing but it did me 480000 slow and trouble free kms. I liked its simplicity and full chassis. Terracans look similar but look smaller and closer to the ground. Apparently they share some things in common?

Goldfreak said:
Is that a gen 2 Pajero? I miss my old Pajero. It was a non turbo gutless timing chained diesel second hand import thing but it did me 480000 slow and trouble free kms. I liked its simplicity and full chassis. Terracans look similar but look smaller and closer to the ground. Apparently they share some things in common?
yep, 1999 NL Gen 2 Wide Body with the 3.5L V6
Ive never heard of the Terrabilecant sharing any Pajero parts. They are fairly different under & on the skin

If its not the door thing like silver said and that's a floating floor the hearth shouldn't be on top but if it's vynal with concrete underneath it's fine.

The next few photos are items I made years ago but use them too this day.

This one has seen many jerry cans of diesel transferred into the ute.
As we all know jerry fuels can be a little suss with contamination.
Removed the lid from an old holed jerry silver soldered a length of S/S tube + a brass tube valve.
Fitted a filter & hose. Can leave jerries in the back of the ute and transfer diesel into main tank.
***You only need to run compressor for a few seconds at a time to pressure jerry.***

1590219865_jerry_transfer_003.jpg

1590219865_jerry_transfer_001.jpg

Next one is a super light used outside caravan when free camping.

Length of PVC pipe and a strip of 5050 LED wrapped around.
The reflector is a thin sheet of polished stainless collected from a scrap metal dealer.

1590220052_5050_led_light_001.jpg

Goldfreak, With reference to your new fireplace.

Made up these set of tools when we moved in to our present home back in '93 because it had a fireplace, still use them today. We are on our second tile fire. burnt the last one out.
Handles stems made from 10mm square which I twisted. 6mm rod for handles.
Plus various shovel, scraper and prod.
Heated up each piece until it was glowing and dropped it in a container of sump oil. To this day, no rust has appeared.

1590220886_o1015.jpg

I have working on this since summer,but got a lot done during the lock down.Making a pond to put some fish in,so I can look at them swimming around.
Water should be clear as I am pumping from the big pond,but still got a lot more digging and stone work to do,if the weather is kind hope to have finished by september

Start in summer
sRKTMxnl.jpg

I have planted lillies around the edge

xrpJSbSl.jpg

Been scratching along with some rocks making a small water fall into the pond,been looking for a suitable rock for the water to fall, and I got one and it has fit the job
There is small pipe under a rock on the top,that feeds the water to the top,the water comes from the big pond,by a little pump.The picture does not show the true amount water flowing over.

ZejLLbal.jpg

The run into pond

XGW6Ymql.jpg

I have a small light at the bottom of the waterfall.

HZFGDNel.jpg

The pond is full so I am in the process pumping down

fpEInvUl.jpg

The mud slows down the work rate.

I put 100 brown and rainbow nearly every year,this year I would like to get some Tiger trout from the hatchery at Buxton.They are a cross between a brown and a brook trout,they grow quite large,and they fight well.
I catch them some times,but like see them rising in the late of day,my friend the one with the trout comes and catches them.He has been good to me in getting the right plants and all the little creatures that make the pond a living enviroment,in such as shrimp,snails and little fish,and the eel grass,which cleans the water,I have put all the lillies in,I like to get different colored lillies,late spring is lovely time around the pond,I like to keep doing different things to it,the last couple years I started to put walls along the banks,bought a lot concrete blockes years ago I thought better do something with them.
In late spring you can see down in the water for several feet

Last year on the wall would not stop raining but got it completed.Winter is lousy,but it does not last.
tYDxGPpl.jpg

This was a couple years back.

bLdZGjUl.jpg

The tiger trout is a good fighter along with the others

I still get Chill's down my spine from the frill of catching a wild trout

I would be in my element if I had a big pond with trout in it

A little log cabin next to it with my wood fire for winter and for cooking

Goody :)

There is one thing the trout do is keeping the population of the yabbies down,other wise it be a brown sludge hole,and if you put a new lilly in they eat it,so you have to put mesh around them.
I am always chasing the shags,they would get all the small fish,but they would take the yabbies,but that would not bother me,but if only.
The shags have the most wonderful sight,if I stand on the verandah,100 metres or more away,they will take off and land in the tree down the paddock,and come back 5 minutes later.
Hard battle to keep the fish safe.

Latest posts