Show us your Isolation Projects

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These ordinary leftovers from an old slat bed are going to be transformed into something useful. Try my hand at wood working instead of the usual nuts bolts and welders.

1593310657_plant_001.jpg

:8 that's at least 2 achers under water I can see, have you got any fish in there. You could earn a quid charging a catch and release fee if you do. Would be nice to see a comparison shot from the same position during summer :beer:

thedigger said:
I put 100 brown and rainbow nearly every year,this year I would like to get some Tiger trout from the hatchery at Buxton.They are a cross between a brown and a brook trout,they grow quite large,and they fight well.
I catch them some times,but like see them rising in the late of day,my friend the one with the trout comes and catches them.He has been good to me in getting the right plants and all the little creatures that make the pond a living enviroment,in such as shrimp,snails and little fish,and the eel grass,which cleans the water,I have put all the lillies in,I like to get different colored lillies,late spring is lovely time around the pond,I like to keep doing different things to it,the last couple years I started to put walls along the banks,bought a lot concrete blockes years ago I thought better do something with them.
In late spring you can see down in the water for several feet

Last year on the wall would not stop raining but got it completed.Winter is lousy,but it does not last.
https://i.imgur.com/tYDxGPpl.jpg

This was a couple years back.

https://i.imgur.com/bLdZGjUl.jpg

When I lived in SA, I stocked around 7 dams on properties of farmers that I knew with Rainbow Trout. Would visit each property 2 - 3 times a year for a fish, always releasing the bucks & taking the hens. Stocked them all the same time every year. Was lovely to be amid great company & lovely scenery as all of these owners were wonderful people.

Here is some photos of the outlet,which I have to watch when the pond overflows as it is now.The eel grass breaks away when pond rises as it has now,and blocks the outlet,with about 45 mm of rain in last few days.
The eel grass covers the not so deep section of the pond,but under the surface,and is very good at cleaning the water.
The wonderful thing about the trout is they keep the yabbies under control,other wise it would be a muddy hole
1598181910_dam1.jpg
1598181924_dam2.jpg

Couple pictures of the dam when it was made in june 2003

mOifJbFl.jpg

The outlet with mesh to stop the fish from disappearing,as you can see the eel grass blocking the mesh

Still scratching along with the pond,the stone work is slow,but feel it will start look alright soon ,I hope!!

The water has got some tannin,but when I circulate the water from the big pond it will solve that situation.
2GesxC4l.jpg

When the plants grow up, the stones will take on a different look.

199QVNRl.jpg

More stone work on the other side of the pond,along with a garden light.

2ZJsllcl.jpg

Small elcove for a garden seat.

01lgBtbl.jpg

One thing I have to fix, is to stop the water flowing down the path and into the garden beds.

Latest posts