Should they leave German Gully alone ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no issue with them digging up German gully. Just go for a wander threw Creswick bush if you wanna see historic diggings.... which you might add, are allowed to bank the shit out of.!

I'm torn with this one :argh:

The hippie in me wants to draw up a sign and chant disapproving ditties at them from across their fenceline :mad:

Yet the fever in me whispers that they should dig the shit out of it and find out what's down there :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget:

mbasko said:
Simmo said:
The episode where the Officials visit German Gully is up on YT now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1G9vPmQ3BE
I ended up watching it last night.
The gist of it all that I got was:
- The 2 blokes that own the property & had a Prospecting Licence over their land knew very well the HO areas that they weren't allowed into & one said he had the maps + offered to go get them. The heritage official said it was ok he had them to. At no time did I see or hear any mention that they were in strife for going into those HO areas outside of their Prospecting Licence conditions? Might have missed something :|
- They then had the rug pulled out from under them. The heritage official slapped a temporary order over the whole lot pending an investigation into the significance of the area at the property owners cost.
- DJPR then got into the act & revoked their Prospecting Licence adding that area (of previously approved ground) into their Mining Licence application essentially halting all activity on their land pending the results of the heritage investigation & mining licence approval. Again didn't hear any suggestion that they had broken the conditions of their Prospecting Licence but may have missed it?

Unless they've since done something wrong/illegal (doubtful given the stakes) then looks like they were pole axed on the day.
Now that's what I'd call taking the P155!!

Guess some like to sit back in fantasy land while others prefer to turn their dreams into reality.
I know who I'm rooting for & it's not the Government stiffs.

I reakon someone who's jelous and misinformed and rung them up and whinged and bitched about these blokes and thier moaning has destroyed it for these miners who may have been following the regulations.
Seems like prospecting in 2020 is now done on TV shows by actors who just make crap up.

This heritage overlay is a complete farce and yet another demonstration of bureaucratic miss management of public funds. Anyone who supports the overlay needs to have a good hard look at themselves. Today's technology allows for digital imaging and satellite technology to replicate the landscape as part of rehabilitation allowing for it to be reinstated exactly how you see it now. So there is no need for all of the history BS because your only looking at the surface not the intricate workings. If you want to sit there and close your eyes and think you can see what went on your dreaming, none of us will ever know.

Redfin said:
The mere fact that officialdom arrived on cue with cameras rolling should answer all your questions.
CUT.
And they all had those blurry fly net things on their heads too???!!

I'm absolutely certain any ghosts of the old timers working German Gully in its hay day would be wetting themselves with laughter at everyone trying to protect this site as historical significance due to the fact the only part you see is their waste piles :lol: :lol: :lol: I can see it now :)

RM Outback said:
I'm absolutely certain any ghosts of the old timers working German Gully in its hay day would be wetting themselves with laughter at everyone trying to protect this site as historical significance due to the fact the only part you see is their waste piles :lol: :lol: :lol: I can see it now :)

And if you could ask them RM i bet theyd say rip into it and show us the treasures we missed!
I just hope the keyboard warriors on here dont come to kalgoorlie,the superpit is and was full of old workings,i dodge them and work amongst them constantly,it has kept roughly 1000 in full time employment for 20+ years and poured 100s of millions into the local and aust economy,and marches on.....
Yes the dirt around the heaps could be stockpiled and the site rehabed to what it was,minus the voids it would actually be a safe area then.....

RM your belligerent and bellicose manner with several references to myself are unwelcome and unwarranted.
An opinion different to yours is allowed in this country irrespective of the outcome.
You will never become a moderator with this biased temperament.

GT :|

Goldchaser1, castigation is one thing but to suggest I have the power to cost 1000 people their jobs is
fanciful and silly. I have simply a different opinion to you.
As for Kalgoorlie, I spend a month there every year and have done for 25 years. You will all be pleased
to know that I have never put a pick in to old diggings or a dry blower heap etc. I walk the flanks and new ground looking
for patches. I do the same in Victoria. In fact I am a budding goldfields Historian who has travelled Australia looking for isolated diggings.
Peter Bridge from Hesperian Press in Perth is a hero of mine and one to aspire to.

GT

OMG! I had to look up two new words today!!!

A historian is always going to conflict with a developer....

Glass half full.... glass half empty....

As the site is on private property no one from the public can stroll onto it to see it,and basically you cant see it from ground level anyway.
Agree with goldchaser,map the area ,mine it ,restore the dig holes to near as possible to the original mapping,sprinkle some grass seed
and bingo no one in a few years will give a rats arse

Simmo said:
OMG! I had to look up two new words today!!!

A historian is always going to conflict with a developer....

Glass half full.... glass half empty....

3 for me.....belligerent, bellicose and castigation! :Y: He's like P.A.s version of Susie Dent :D

goldtruck59 said:
Goldchaser1, castigation is one thing but to suggest I have the power to cost 1000 people their jobs is
fanciful and silly. I have simply a different opinion to you.
As for Kalgoorlie, I spend a month there every year and have done for 25 years. You will all be pleased
to know that I have never put a pick in to old diggings or a dry blower heap etc. I walk the flanks and new ground looking
for patches. I do the same in Victoria. In fact I am a budding goldfields Historian who has travelled Australia looking for isolated diggings.
Peter Bridge from Hesperian Press in Perth is a hero of mine and one to aspire to.

GT

Well with a bit of luck we won't see you over here this year then. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

RM Outback said:
This heritage overlay is a complete farce and yet another demonstration of bureaucratic miss management of public funds. Anyone who supports the overlay needs to have a good hard look at themselves. Today's technology allows for digital imaging and satellite technology to replicate the landscape as part of rehabilitation allowing for it to be reinstated exactly how you see it now. So there is no need for all of the history BS because your only looking at the surface not the intricate workings. If you want to sit there and close your eyes and think you can see what went on your dreaming, none of us will ever know.

Nicely said thankyou , how bizarre that goldtruck claims to be a prospector but wants to obstruct someone else digging up , possibly making some $$ and remediating a pile of random soil and rocks.

Simple jealousy ?

Given enough time a developer would have ended up bulldozing the lot and building 300 factory units on it anyway , albeit probably with a 1/4 acre of parkland with a sculpture dedicated to the miners of the goldrush era.

Mods I think you should close this thread now. Its becoming rude and personal and will get out of hand.

Thanks
GT :(

"I may be on my lonesome on this topic and opinion and I will cop some flak from this question;"

Your opening statement in this post...the second of which you started on the same thing. So you knew what you were in for.

Throughout the post you've become 'rude and personal' with words like belligerent, bellicose and castigation to name just 3 and now you're crying foul?

You win fellas. Bulldoze the lot I no longer care. Dig it up rip the shit out of it and with Satellite imagery we can remodel it just as it was, if anyone can be stuffed.
Steve I dont run from anything and apart from helping what I thought was a good cause for different reasons other than yours and others, I have offended no-one personally.
I have used verbs to describe attacks on my character and are topic related and not personal for my part.
For the most part other comments are obtuse and if it wasn't on TV most of the collective chest beating would dissipate.
This is typical forum bullying from the smash and grab brigade. Lets start another Eureka moment.

OMG could there be a sensitive and caring person among us that feels deeply about this particular lead, in this particular town that I live near.
All of you who make these awful comments live interstate and nowhere near it.
Like I said Mods lets close it before I get pissed off and start to becoming one of the norm here.
Better still, I dont care bring the "flak" that was meant in a emblematic and metaphorical manner.

GT :mad: :argh: :awful:

Now you've really emblematiced my Obtuse! I feel deeply bellicose and for a minute considered castigation. But I'm a bigger person than that so I'll just sit here and belligerent myself quietly in the corner. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts