Should they leave German Gully alone ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it out of context? So you can go and disturb historical workings if it benefits you?

OldGT said:
Throwing the dog a bone :N:

Anyhow Im leaving the thread and getting ready to go for a swing while theres still places to go.

Might go have a gander after the dust settles and go out on the guided tour and viewing platform with the beautiful glossy tour brochure when they are done. :trophy:

Another witty addition to the discussion. Enjoy your detecting tomorrow. Hope you find a nug.
As for the viewing platform, you don't need one. BYO chair and an imagination.
Sit back and close your eyes and dream. A couple of frothies and the scene is complete.
You can say a prayer for all those souls that lived and died on this lead, bore children and buried children.
Can you see it old GT ?

GT :) :goldnugget: :beer:

Mec30 said:
How is it out of context? So you can go and disturb historical workings if it benefits you?

I would stop now. I don't know you and you don't know a thing about me. If you are after a fight you have come to the wrong place.
Have a beer and enjoy life.

GT :)

mbasko said:
diggit said:
I wonder what the 'fine' is? Probably minuscule.

In fairness it has a lot more 'heritage' associated with it now since the lads worked the ground.
Bit of green eyed monstering going on to me thinks.
Seems like some who bid on it when up for sale but missed out are now "heritage" warriors.

I don't agree, all those that bid, did so knowing that the Heritage overlays on site prevented them from mining that land and most played by the rules.

The owners of the block to the east, bid on a block won the block, played by the rules, no issue.

Trying to bulldoze the local Heritage and mining rules, my well have seemed like a good idea to some at the time.
But that has now backfired bigtime, tough titties I say.

This BS goes on all the time, for example,
buy a house under a flight path at a well discounted price compared to what you would pay for an unaffected house.
Then Complain and seek compensation for aircraft noise, I call it taking the Pi$$.

Im not picking a fight, all of us as prospectors disturb historical workings when we go out, I just think its a bit hypocritical to be bashing fellow prospectors that are trying to do the right thing.

Mec30 said:
Im not picking a fight, all of us as prospectors disturb historical workings when we go out, I just think its a bit hypocritical to be bashing fellow prospectors that are trying to do the right thing.

Who am I bashing and who is it you refer to about doing the right thing?
If you refer to the guys digging up Charlies gully illegally with eyes to the main lead, then I have merely commented and passed on information I have been given by an official from Heritage Victoria, because I asked.
Nothing else other than my passion for this lead and my thoughts on the matter have been written.
Again, my thoughts on prospecting, where I go and my moral fibre are not your concern and or right to comment on.
We are talking about German/main lead and its historical importance for future generations.
Please confine your comments to such.

GT :) ..

Its there property they should be allowed to do as they please and just because you have a passion for this lead doesnt make it any different to any other historical workings that you have disturbed every time you go out prospecting, like I said your being hypocritical, if you truly believed what your preaching you shouldnt be prospecting at all

Mec30 said:
Its there property they should be allowed to do as they please and just because you have a passion for this lead doesnt make it any different to any other historical workings that you have disturbed every time you go out prospecting, like I said your being hypocritical, if you truly believed what your preaching you shouldnt be prospecting at all

You don't listen do you. Please re read my earlier comments to you. Cool down and enjoy a bevvy.

No what your saying makes no sense, every goldfield has historical significance, so how is it ok to disturb one but not the other? Just answer why is it ok for you to disturb historical ground?

Mec30 said:
No what your saying makes no sense, every goldfield has historical significance, so how is it ok to disturb one but not the other? Just answer why is it ok for you to disturb historical ground?

You have had 60 odd posts in 5 years as a forum member. What's that about 12 a year?
I feel really privileged that you are using this years quota on me !!
Cheers

GT :lol:

Haha avoid the question nice, its amazing what jealousy Can do to some people :D

egixe4 said:
mbasko said:
diggit said:
I wonder what the 'fine' is? Probably minuscule.

In fairness it has a lot more 'heritage' associated with it now since the lads worked the ground.
Bit of green eyed monstering going on to me thinks.
Seems like some who bid on it when up for sale but missed out are now "heritage" warriors.

I don't agree, all those that bid, did so knowing that the Heritage overlays on site prevented them from mining that land and most played by the rules.

The owners of the block to the east, bid on a block won the block, played by the rules, no issue.

Trying to bulldoze the local Heritage and mining rules, my well have seemed like a good idea to some at the time.
But that has now backfired bigtime, tough titties I say.

This BS goes on all the time, for example,
buy a house under a flight path at a well discounted price compared to what you would pay for an unaffected house.
Then Complain and seek compensation for aircraft noise, I call it taking the Pi$$.

No doubt they will be looking into it all but my understanding is they had a Prospecting Licence over their land & were waiting on further licence approvals.
To get this they needed to go through a process of applying for a licence, getting that licence approved, having approved work plans (other than low impact exploration), having various other consents & insurance in place.
The approvals etc. are granted through the DJPR, Local Council etc.
If they've operated outside their licence conditions then they deserve to be punished under the law but it's a pretty big statement to say what they've done is illegal without knowing what the conditions of their licence are, exactly what work has been done (if any) in the HO34 area, what Council had approved under the HO (if anything) etc. etc.?
HO34 appears to cover a small portion of the block not the entire area?
If & what they've done wrong will be a decision that will need to be decided between the Local Council, Heritage Vic & DJPR not us!

It's also my understanding that Heritage Overlays can be removed through proper process too, so they are well within their rights (as is anyone else purchasing land with HO's) to at least try to after purchasing the land if they want to go down that path time wise & financially. Whether it happens or not is a different story.

I bet their legal team would love the name of the "prosecutor" telling people they've engaged in illegal activity without a trial. Always 2 sides to a story & I'd be interested to know more about their licence conditions & exactly what they've supposedly done outside of their conditions before persecuting them.

mbasko said:
No doubt they will be looking into it all but my understanding is they had a Prospecting Licence over their land & were waiting on further licence approvals.
To get this they needed to go through a process of applying for a licence, getting that licence approved, having approved work plans (other than low impact exploration), having various other consents & insurance in place.
The approvals etc. are granted through the DJPR, Local Council etc.
If they've operated outside their licence conditions then they deserve to be punished under the law but it's a pretty big statement to say what they've done is illegal without knowing what the conditions of their licence are, exactly what work has been done (if any) in the HO34 area, what Council had approved under the HO (if anything) etc. etc.?
HO34 appears to cover a small portion of the block not the entire area?
If & what they've done wrong will be a decision that will need to be decided between the Local Council, Heritage Vic & DJPR not us!

It's also my understanding that Heritage Overlays can be removed through proper process too, so they are well within their rights (as is anyone else purchasing land with HO's) to at least try to after purchasing the land if they want to go down that path time wise & financially. Whether it happens or not is a different story.

I bet their legal team would love the name of the "prosecutor" telling people they've engaged in illegal activity without a trial. Always 2 sides to a story & I'd be interested to know more about their licence conditions & exactly what they've supposedly done outside of their conditions before persecuting them.

I wholeheartedly agree with the above.
If we leave out all the other compliances such as Native Title and Environmental Authorities, access rights and compensation agreements,
we are left with a very important one, Cultural Heritage.
The reports are very expensive to have done, and the resulting report would have some very stringent conditions.
I've never known of a lease to be granted with a slackening of those conditions recommended in the report.

So my point is, I could not imagine a miner not complying with a direction/condition of the lease agreement.
Seemingly, these two fella's are/were mining an area that feeds into the main lead area, they simply must have had permission to do so??
They stopped mining prior to German Gully, so that area must have been subject to the MLA?
I'm sure more will come to light in the next episode!!

You must be pretty special goldtruck59 to have such privileged information given to you by the heritage prosecutor. So special that you cant dare tell anyone.... I feel honoured to be on the same forum as you...... what a wank.!

Keitzy said:
You must be pretty special goldtruck59 to have such privileged information given to you by the heritage prosecutor. So special that you cant dare tell anyone.... I feel honoured to be on the same forum as you...... what a wank.!

That's very kind of you Keity, I haven't been called a wank ever. Congratulations, you're the first. You should be proud of yourself.

I am not privileged at all. Give them a call or PM me and I will give you the guys name and phone number. You too can join the wank club.

What I was told is what I was told and I was very pleased because of my already mentioned reasons.
Its amazing how people attach themselves to people on TV as cult heroes and will protect them at all cost.
These guys whilst I liked them too, are breaking the law as I understand it.
There will be further overlays put on the land as I understand it also.
The hold up I believe is confirming individual responsibility or company liability for illegal actions.

One government department doesn't know what the other is doing mostly so bad advice and false starts can occur,
Anyway I am not going to be castigated because of my beliefs and being a messenger anymore,
Processes are in motion and have been since last November when they we shut down.
Lets see where is goes with some civility henceforth.

My info could be wrong moving forward but I stand by my beliefs and passions whether a wank or not in Kilizy's most gracious eyes.

Simmo said:
The episode where the Officials visit German Gully is up on YT now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1G9vPmQ3BE
I ended up watching it last night.
The gist of it all that I got was:
- The 2 blokes that own the property & had a Prospecting Licence over their land knew very well the HO areas that they weren't allowed into & one said he had the maps + offered to go get them. The heritage official said it was ok he had them to. At no time did I see or hear any mention that they were in strife for going into those HO areas outside of their Prospecting Licence conditions? Might have missed something :|
- They then had the rug pulled out from under them. The heritage official slapped a temporary order over the whole lot pending an investigation into the significance of the area at the property owners cost.
- DJPR then got into the act & revoked their Prospecting Licence adding that area (of previously approved ground) into their Mining Licence application essentially halting all activity on their land pending the results of the heritage investigation & mining licence approval. Again didn't hear any suggestion that they had broken the conditions of their Prospecting Licence but may have missed it?

Unless they've since done something wrong/illegal (doubtful given the stakes) then looks like they were pole axed on the day.
Now that's what I'd call taking the P155!!

Guess some like to sit back in fantasy land while others prefer to turn their dreams into reality.
I know who I'm rooting for & it's not the Government stiffs.

I have had quite a few visits by officials and interested parties to my leases, both announced and unannounced.
Never though by half a dozen vehicles, each one filled with bureaucrats and interested parties or budding TV stars/extra's....

The last time we had an operation like that in the Palmer it was a major drug/weapons bust!!

OK, we don't know that actual truth behind what's going on, but I would class that shitshow as bullying and be right onto my legal team toute suite.
Mick looks like he has a bit of coin behind him so I'd say strap in for the legal battle??
Hopefully Discovery can chip in with legal's as the footage of another hand of faith size chunk being exhumed from German Gully would be priceless for the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts