Sapphires, Rubies, Zircons - field trip wanted Daylesford area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping to get out this Wednesday as I have the day off (At Last). :D

Think I might have to bring my own water supply and a 80 litre tub to pan in though, as I could imagine it would be very dry.

If weather reports stand true, it should be 31 Degrees in Melbourne so I hoping tops 33 around Creswick area. :cool:

onespecsteve,

When do you think you will get the chance to come out and have a dig?

GT,

Want some company on Wednesday? The water levels are VERY low, especially in the area where Wayne showed us - I have my new power sluice and pump ready to use now. Did a quick test run over the weekend using concentrate I took home.

1391375172_photo1.jpg

onespecSteve said:
Hey everyone, just wanted to touch base. this bloody weather is insane im dying not being able to get out, but its just not worth the heatstroke. anyone been out of late? :)

hey steve,

i've been out almost every weekend for the past 3 or 4.. the heat is something, but when you're out and in amongst it all you don't really think about it. Just bring plenty of water (to drink not to clean out...)

Mark/EC

I went for a bit of a walk around the creek the other week. Took some pics below.

What do you guys think? Would these be gem bearing grounds? The stuff is awefully hard. I posted them in another thread more related to gold and had some good feedback on it's geology but nothing about gems.

Thoughts??

1391393457_1391149153_image.jpg

1391393553_1391149193_image.jpg

1391393659_1391149247_image.jpg

1391393713_1391245892_image.jpg

Looks very much like Prase from the pic, and if so could have agate and chalcedony related gems and minerals in the region.

Cheers Wal.

Crazy,

How are you mate?

Best thing to do is run a test pan or two and see what you end up with, this will give some indication what else lies in the area. Not always 100% accurate but certainly a great starting point. When you have some proof in the pan then scale the operation a little... :)

EC...yeah I'm chugging along, like many have said here heat is a killer!!

I did throw a few pans...but I'm not real good at it and didn't turn up anything good.

I'm going to have another crack at it when I get time.

EC,

The company is always appreciated. As it stands I don't know what time I will be getting there yet. I would assume some time around 10 am. But it will not be an all day thing (Unfortunately) as I have to open up at 4 am the next day.

It will be good to catch up.

awesome guys thats great. glad to see you are all getting out and about :D I have a head injury so I get heatstroke at the drop of a hat so I gotta play smart :) GT as soon as its low 30s again instead of low 40s i will be there :)

weather has cooled right off for now mate currently 13 in ballarat top of 22 tomorrow :) had a bit of rain not enough might have to do a rain dance

Golddigg cool tomorrow then heading straight back up there. i was planning a trip to elderado this weekend with my boy but at 38 and 36 It can wait for another week or so :) I just got a falcon md20 off ebay for $150 so i might just go do some crevacing at the whipstick instead :)

onespecSteve said:
Golddigg cool tomorrow then heading straight back up there. i was planning a trip to elderado this weekend with my boy but at 38 and 36 It can wait for another week or so :) I just got a falcon md20 off ebay for $150 so i might just go do some crevacing at the whipstick instead :)
md20 is thst a pinpointer?

Latest posts