S.A is in the dark.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bacchus said:
Just got power back after 21 hrs , makes you realise how underprepared I was . Nothing charged properly , generator buried under copious amounts of moving boxes with no fuel , lessons learned

Cheers
Hey Bacchus, check out the abc radio f/b page, there is a post there about a $700 payment available to those with extended power outages. you may be eligible.

This is the Port Victoria jetty. It will get worse as the wind has not lost it's intensity.

1475133378_facebook_1475131824274.jpg

1475133410_facebook_1475131766204.jpg

Great link Jaros, would hate to be on a little Island right now...Tasmania & Fiji must be getting a hammering :eek:

Read a post today , can't remember which one but as mentioned the northern states can cop much worse and there infrastructure doesn't drop out like it does down south. Maybee built to withstand it? No idea but makes ya wonder. Not looking forward to summer with stinking hot days and all power available directed to the cities.all us country folk can fend for ourselves.

Surprisingly we in the south east of SA have missed out on the worst of this low so far, usually it's us that ends up copping all the Antarctic cold air and flooding rains.

Glad I had purchased many portable power banks over the course of the year, really came in handy last night with the power outage.

I enjoyed a candle lit dinner for two with condensed mushroom soup and bread, glad we had gas still. :D

The power did eventually come back on around 1am, just in time before everything defrosted in our freezer. The supermarkets weren't so lucky, they lost a fair bit of stock judging by the empty refrigerated shelves this afternoon.

I did put that site up a while ago but Jaros put that last link up to Null School
Btw if you click on a point it will show you what the wind speed is at that point. You can also check temp and wind sheer at certain hights above sea level. It's a good indicator of weather. Not just AU you can check the whole globe

thedigger said:
Well the last person to leave SA will not have to turn off the "LIGHTS"

Regards Frank

That's funny
.To be fair though this storm is or was huge and cyclone strength. There are still trees falling over all over the state. TV towers at Moonta going down. Jetties wrecked flooding every where and more rain coming next week.
The emergency services are being stretched to the limit. This isn't your everyday thunderstorm.

Latest posts