Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still photo of the Spacex rocket after launch. Many thought it was a UFO.

1514025416_skies.jpg

If anyone is keen on attending an actual launch event then check out

http://thunda2.com.au/

I've been doing Rocketry for several decades now and really have a good time. Not little kiddy stuff either. We had a great time in 2015 with the launch and with this one just about a year away maybe a fossicking/panning and rocketry holiday is doable.

Bear

So here's a question for the scientific/eclectically minded. How long will a bank of batteries in a Tesla Roadster last just playing the radio? Elon's Roadster will be playing A Space Odyssey until the batteries run flat. Maybe he should have solar panels on it to keep it going? :D :lol:

Ramjet said:
So here's a question for the scientific/eclectically minded. How long will a bank of batteries in a Tesla Roadster last just playing the radio? Elon's Roadster will be playing A Space Odyssey until the batteries run flat. Maybe he should have solar panels on it to keep it going? :D :lol:
Don't know about his radio, but just wait till he uses that repulsive technology to crack gravity.
:p 8) ]:D

Falcon Heavy has gone vertical on the historic Launch pad 39. The same launch pad used by Apollo 11 on it's journey to take man to the moon.

This ground breaking launch is scheduled for January 10th at 11 am. NSW time. Elon Musk has said he will be happy as long as it doesn't blow up and damage the launch site. "Either way it's going to be exciting."

1514497100_img_20171229_082600.jpg

Ramjet said:
Falcon Heavy has gone vertical on the historic Launch pad 39. The same launch pad used by Apollo 11 on it's journey to take man to the moon.

This ground breaking launch is scheduled for January 10th at 11 am. NSW time. Elon Musk has said he will be happy as long as it doesn't blow up and damage the launch site. "Either way it's going to be exciting."

I'll have the TV on and watching. This should be a good one

Bear

Next launch is a SpaceX Falcon 9 Full Thrust ZUMA. Friday 15th Jan 2018 12 Noon NSW time. This secret cargo is much delayed for various reasons. Watch it live at the usual places.

1514861724_zuma1.jpg

A comparison of various rocket sizes. Left to right. The Saturn 5 which took the Apollo missions to the moon. NASA's Space Launch System (SLS) It's a huge beast, or will be if they ever get it built. Next is the Falcon Heavy which will have it's maiden flight in a few weeks. The BFR (Big FFFFFalcon Rocket ) will supersede the Falcon family of rockets. Last is the Falcon 9 Full Thrust with a Dragon capsule on top.

1515129672_rocket_comparison.jpg

LoneWolf said:
And hear I am thinking that the BFR stood for something like the BFH you have in your tool-box... if you get my drift... ]:D ]:D O:)

LW....

I have heard SpaceX staff use both Falcon and... the other F word to describe it. Gotta love the humour. The 2 drone ships they use to land on, one in the Pacific and one in the Atlantic, are called "Of course I still love you" and "Just Read the Instructions." :D

This Rocket stuff is Great..... Love the Names Ramjet. ]:D ]:D .... Soooo when is the next Launch... You mentioned on the 3rd that it was delayed for 24hrs?

LW....

You could only imagine if one of the Ships had to send out a Mayday..... Mayday Mayday this is 'Just Read The Instructions We are Sinking"

as if the Coast Guard is going to believe that ]:D ]:D

LW....

Latest posts