Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not quiet a 'live launch' (yet) but I thought this still related & interesting
NASA has chosen the Northern territory for a world first space launch. An Australian commercial spaceport has been picked as the site from which the US space agency will make its first ever launch from a non-government owned site.
https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6043074621001

I read that the other Day.... Now lets see if THIS one gets off the Ground(the last one didn't)... But somehow I don't think the 'Locals' or Greenies will like it... :rolleyes:

LW....

:p :playful:

1560904208_4836e13547ca1ebc17688598f879345237cec92ced9ac45ddbb3ed53944cdb2a_1_-_copy.jpg

1560904208_did-you-know-it-doesnt-take-as-much-fuel-to-24200095_-_copy.jpg

The next hops for starhopper keep getting pushed back. Seems they are having some issues getting the raptor engines ready.

The next Falcon heavy launch is set for June 24th. Static fire test should be any day. This is a demonstration mission. The upper stage will fire several times to place satellites in different orbits.

Mr Steven, the fairing catching ship, has been re named Miss tree, (Mystery). ANother name taken from a scifi novel.

Classic RJ..... Im still Laughing.... :perfect: ]:D ]:D ]:D

Wonder why they changed the name?..... Could be that Ships are Her's and not He's..... (you taught me that one) :)

They have to try and catch something soon... Its been sooo long between attempts...

LW.....

New company owns it. Not sure on why they changed it's name.Some guess it's a request by Musk. The other ships they own are named for Sci fi space ships.

The various space vehicles comprising the Department of Defenses Space Test Program (STP)-2 mission successfully passed their final checkouts and were encapsulated as a 3,700 kilogram (8,157 pound) Integrated Payload Stack (IPS) June 14 at the Payload Processing Facility. Were one step closer to launch! Have a look before it blasts off on the first #DoD Falcon Heavy launch!

1560914769_fhload.jpg

Assuming the first Raptors will not be up for anything like 1000 uses but maybe at some time in the future. They must be developing at a hectic pace. The Star hopper will use Raptor #6 For it's next tests. #4 was fitted for humble tests and removed. It seems they made changes after #5 and no one knows why it isn't being used or what happened to #3 as it has not been spotted.

1561385381_fb_img_1561383975082.jpg

Latest posts