Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I watched the Launch the other day and was very disappointed there was no Rocket Landings televised.... Don't they realise That's My Favourite Bit.. :(

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Yes I watched the Launch the other day and was very disappointed there was no Rocket Landings televised.... Don't they realise That's My Favourite Bit.. :(

LW....

That was a previously flown block 4. I made a soft landing in the ocean to collect more data. They are tossing away the block fours and concentrating on block 5 for multiple re flights. The next launch in 6 days will also be a block 4 but the pone after that will be a Block 5. Won't be long until all the4s are on the bottom of the sea. Than it will be all 5s.

They also made another attempt to catch a fairing and it missed "by tens of metres." Mr Steven did retrieve both fairing from the ocean.

Yes I saw the Fairings and 1 was quite smashed up, but the other was intact... I just find so incredible what they are doing... I certainly wouldn't want to be on Mr Steven when a Fairing smashes through the Wheelhouse...
I don't like the idea about leaving the old block 4's on the ocean floor tho.... New artificial Reef perhaps.....

LW.....

And a New Stronger Net for Mr Steven too.... The US are using them on their Aircraft Carriers to catch Planes that happen to fall off... :rolleyes:
1527214349_mr-steven-and-net-050718-pauline-acalin-1c.jpg

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Yes I saw the Fairings and 1 was quite smashed up, but the other was intact... I just find so incredible what they are doing... I certainly wouldn't want to be on Mr Steven when a Fairing smashes through the Wheelhouse...
I don't like the idea about leaving the old block 4's on the ocean floor tho.... New artificial Reef perhaps.....

LW.....

Not sure where the first stages are dumped but 2nd stages are pilled up at.... "The most remote location on Earth has many names: It's called Point Nemo (Latin for 'no one') and the Oceanic Pole of Inaccessibility. Most precisely, its exact coordinates are 48 degrees 52.6 minutes south latitude and 123 degrees 23.6 minutes west longitude."

Well at least the Parafoils work, now for Mr Steven to do His job... Great pics there Ramjet... :Y:

Have to admit the ol Hard hat has saved me a few times on the Construction sites.... A necessary Pain in the rear...sometimes..

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Well at least the Parafoils work, now for Mr Steven to do His job... Great pics there Ramjet... :Y:

Have to admit the ol Hard hat has saved me a few times on the Construction sites.... A necessary Pain in the rear...sometimes..

LW....

I don't think it's Mr Steven. He would be in position and up to the fairing to steer itself onto the net?

They will catch them one Day.... At a cost of $6m they have to....Every time one hits salt water it's up for a major Referb.... Looking forward to the Night Launch.. Fingers crossed for good weather.... :)

LW....

A Falcon 9 launch this afternoon at 2.30. The SES-12 mission is a Geostationary communications satellite. No first stage landing for this launch as it is a Block 4.
The soyuz capsule landed successfully this morning, returning 3 astronauts from the ISS.

Live streams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hcM5hqQ45s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3niFzo5VLI

I was reading an article about the Falcon Heavy. There will be a few launches but they are not really needed as the development of the Falcon 9 has been way beyond expectations. It is now more than twice as powerful than the original Falcon 9 so it can lift most satellites. The next launch is set for October.

1528061776_screenshot_20180604-073511.jpg

Latest posts