Ring must be close??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well today i found at the beach, my first pair of reading glasses!!!!! And 8 coins all in 20mins! (Its a local beach with not much access! Unless you walk from either direction to it)
Cant wait for my next day off! Will spend a few hours there!
But i cant find the gold rings or any rings, the X-TERRA is ok on sand but not wet sand, seems to find a target and when i pinpoint it the target is 1 meter wide! So i will try to picture the towel line! Well in the 8 weeks ive found, $32.24 in current and old 1c 2c and a penny, found a girls brochure, glasses, bullet, sinkers, and an Earing, full size shovel buried in sand dunes! One thing i wish i have kept instead of binning is the tent pegs, heaps of them! And padlocks in parks (why locks burried)?
But i want a ring!
Hoping to upgrade the X-TERRA soonish, have 3 types i like, but the wife will go tropo!!!!

I guess rings are one of those things which are hard to come by at times. If you were to notice you'd dropped one off your finger, you'd probably go back looking for it. You may or not find it though and loose it. Where did it go? Did it fall out of your jeans on the washing line or fall off after a dip in the river unnoticed. . Most I've found have been close to water or playgrounds. I'm guessing my find today was an accidental drop getting in our out of a car as it was the old driveway. Very random though, have found some, but not many. It shouldnt depend on the detector, usually now use very little discrimination and just dig everything that beeped. Both my gold rings have been found in jewellery mode and listed as pull tabs on the screen. It did however sound a bit more solid than most other good tones like coins, just a slight different signal. Nearly close to alloy can junk

Where's the photos to your finds mate?

I've got a few the last few days, haven't got a gold one but I descriminate to much, If you went over one I'm sure you would dig it, On the ATGold they read in the solid 80's-90's silver coin area, Gold ones is dig everything and it still might not be there, I think it's sometimes luck as well as persistance.

I will have to sell the 505 same week if i purchase a new detector! Wife we not know, but if she see's 2 detectors it will be whats that another toy!
She still thinks i got the 505, 2 coils, pinpointer and relic digger, cloth tape, 24 german aa batteries, lcd cover all for $150 all up!

Tugboat said:
I will have to sell the 505 same week if i purchase a new detector! Wife we not know, but if she see's 2 detectors it will be whats that another toy!
She still thinks i got the 505, 2 coils, pinpointer and relic digger, cloth tape, 24 german aa batteries, lcd cover all for $150 all up!

hahaha rippa :lol: :)

Latest posts