Wookiee's treasure

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using one of those plastic Cyclone shovels with holes drilled in it at the moment.
I have a sand scoop on the way though.

The plastic shovel is great for the dry sand, but its a pig to dig in damp sand with. That big squid jig looking sinker thing was in damp sand and took ages to dig out with the shovel.

The scoop I have ordered is pictured below. Should make digging easier at the beach and reduce the need to bend over all the time to dig. I have a bad back and it gets sore pretty quick with the shovel.

1453509022__57.jpg

1453509037__57_1.jpg

Those scoops are excellent value, you would be lucky to a half decent scoop anywhere near that pricing from regular manufacturers.

As you mentioned Ramjet, it does amaze me everytime I find $1 coins that they are variations of the regular coin, though when you go to the pokies you quickly realise that they are actually extremely common. ;)

Ramjet said:
Nice hunting. It isxamazing the large variety of pur coins, specially the $1. I have had hunts where i might get 8 of them and only 2 are the standard mob of roos.

I collect coins and I always look through my change for coins to stick in the collection. I come across heaps of the $1 with the pictures. For some reason I don't find many 50c coins besides the standard ones tho.

I have to ask Ramjet..... where does the term "Touch the frog" in your signature come from? :)
Been meaning to ask you that for a while now.

Wookiee said:
Ramjet said:
Nice hunting. It isxamazing the large variety of pur coins, specially the $1. I have had hunts where i might get 8 of them and only 2 are the standard mob of roos.

I collect coins and I always look through my change for coins to stick in the collection. I come across heaps of the $1 with the pictures. For some reason I don't find many 50c coins besides the standard ones tho.

I have to ask Ramjet..... where does the term "Touch the frog" in your signature come from? :)

It was from an Adam Hills you tube clip, I think he posted it somewhere on the forum a while back.

Wookiee said:
Ramjet said:

I have also started collecting coins. Spent a couple hundred last night :8 just buying what interests me.

Touch the Frog :D long story. Basically means don't be a dick. Don't hold onto your ideals so much that you miss out on life's great moments.
It's from an Adam Hills stand up show, Happyism. The frog being Kermit and Adam is a huge fan.
Adam is one of my fav Aussie comedians. Here is the clip and yes I have the Touch the frog T shirt :p

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/G4bh7bsqebc[/video]

Ramjet said:
Wookiee said:
Ramjet said:

I have also started collecting coins. Spent a couple hundred last night :8 just buying what interests me.

Touch the Frog :D long story. Basically means don't be a dick. Don't hold onto your ideals so much that you miss out on life's great moments.
It's from an Adam Hills stand up show, Happyism. The frog being Kermit and Adam is a huge fan.
Adam is one of my fav Aussie comedians. Here is the clip and yes I have the Touch the frog T shirt :p

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/G4bh7bsqebc[/video]

So how many 47' Florins did you buy this time? :D

Latest posts