Recommend / discuss

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whats everyones go to all round detector. Pros and cons? Happy discussions :koala:

I can't complain about my GPZ 7000, it's been out doing the SDC lately. I don't find it heavy or cumbersome and combined with the SP01 Enhancer rounds it off nicely. Love the fact that I can just turn it on and go. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

Well for someone liked me who is looking to get into using one. Whats the best starting point, happy to pay obviously minimal to around $1800. What range of size and depth will it detect.

Ded Driver said:
the GM1000 is a great All-rounder .... It finds EVERYTHING :eek:
but actually, I dont try to find an all-rounder detector. Each one I have has a bit different use

Well, In that aspect may I ask what detectors do what, and what detectors are for what terrain?

Buck11 you have a steep learning curve ahead of you.
There are 2 fundamental types.
The VLF detectors come in many frequencies by many brands & there are models for all purposes.
The Pulse Induction (PI) detectors are predominantly built for gold, although you can use them as coin/jewellery/relic hunters but they donty have the discriminatin abilities of good VLF's. These are much better than VLF for gold in highly mineralised ground.
If you go to the categories of 'Treasure Hunting', 'Gold Prospecting / Metal Detecting for Gold', & Metal Detectors', you will find many threads to read up on the uses of each Brand/Type/Model that will give you an understanding of each units abilities.

Ded Driver said:
Buck11 you have a steep learning curve ahead of you.
There are 2 fundamental types.
The VLF detectors come in many frequencies by many brands & there are models for all purposes.
The Pulse Induction (PI) detectors are predominantly built for gold, although you can use them as coin/jewellery/relic hunters but they donty have the discriminatin abilities of good VLF's. These are much better than VLF for gold in highly mineralised ground.
If you go to the categories of 'Treasure Hunting', 'Gold Prospecting / Metal Detecting for Gold', & Metal Detectors', you will find many threads to read up on the uses of each Brand/Type/Model that will give you an understanding of each units abilities.

Haha I Certainly 100% do have a lot to read up on. Gotta start somewhere I guess! Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!!
I would love if someone could even maybe take me out sometime to show me some tips. Haha :)

Ded Driver said:
Buck11, you should now have access to the 'Members Only' area (top of the Forum page)
follow the 'Member Meet-ups' thread, maybe put an enquiry up there, & see if you get a taker

Oh!! Bloody beautiful

Latest posts