Ramjet's XP Deus finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldpick said:
What a haul, the threepence has some great detail to it for an oldy. Was this a new location or a previously detected area? :)

This was our backup, backup spot for today LOL. Rocket and I have been there twice recently with great results. Between the 2 of us that's ten florins from this site in 3 visits. I'll have to have a look at the total silver haul.

LOL. Rocket mate congrats on your coin spill. Nest for either of us by a long way.

I have really been concentrating on the small silvers. I believe they can be the most difficult to find because of the lower tones and scratchy signal they can produce. I believe I have walked away from plenty in my earlier days of detecting. Today one of the sixers was a 72 ish signal and a one that was just under the surface was a higher tone and 89. I'm happy with my last few hunts with the number of thrips and sixers I am getting.

Evening Blokes.
You pair are certainly holding your ends up, a great indication as to what is possible from this fantastic hobby, fab going.
SinHof.

General Service Corps?

1475059705_badge.jpg

A few hours with Rocket today. It was a spot I have always avoided because I know many others have been there before me. Never take anything for granted!
We learnt a new tactic for picking out the bottle tops with the Deus and it works a treat. You have a program identical to your favourite but change the frequency to 4 Khz and save it i the slot next to your fav. When swinging over a good target you switch to the bottle top program. If the TID numbers stay the same or go higher it's trash and often the signal becomes broken. If the TID is lower it's a good high conductive target. Love it.
I managed to nick the 1944 sixpence. 8.(
Rocket had almost identical results to me and our other mate, who arrived late, practically got out of his car and put his coil down on a nice 1954 royal visit florin.

1475309698_coins1.jpg

1475309698_silvers1.jpg

1475309698_xbb1.jpg

Well done mate, very good hunt. Those bottle tops are tricky, that's an interesting technique, wonder if it's 100% right? Gotta get me a Deus to play with sooner or later, I like single frequency machines but great you can change the single freq's with the Deus without changing coils.

Hmm, I've gotta do some testing and see if there is a way to discrim them with the CTX, in my future I see a bottle top collection and a bunch of testing to be done. :)

Hammered? :D Great result Rod, the royal visit florin would be cool to find. Looks like both of you are running neck to neck on the finds front, almost uncanny the similarity on the types/numbers of coins found. :)