Ramjet's Garrett At Pro finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramjet said:
Digger Danny said:
Gee Rod, You did alright $19 in gold coins, you blokes are going to be handing out loans soon.

Cheers, DD :lol: :lol:

Thanks DD. We target the older coins so goldies are only by catch. ;) Others do much better than we do in the $$ department

I take what ever comes my way (not much or junk mainly) In over 12 months I would be lucky if I have got $200, I got a good ring and not many old coins. I just enjoy it when I can and you 2 blokes keep me interested/motivated.

Cheers, DD

Digger Danny said:
Ramjet said:
Digger Danny said:
Gee Rod, You did alright $19 in gold coins, you blokes are going to be handing out loans soon.

Cheers, DD :lol: :lol:

Thanks DD. We target the older coins so goldies are only by catch. ;) Others do much better than we do in the $$ department

I take what ever comes my way (not much or junk mainly) In over 12 months I would be lucky if I have got $200, I got a good ring and not many old coins. I just enjoy it when I can and you 2 blokes keep me interested/motivated.

Cheers, DD

Look back at my early finds. We all improve as we go along. One important thing is ya can't find what isn't there. Greg and I are lucky enough to live in a largish, old area.

Ahhhh,.... silver at last today,... getting my fill on here RJ,.... looking forlornly at my ACE250, just sitting there trying to becon me. :lol:

YES! My first token!
Did a quick hunt on my way home from work. LOTS of trash, plenty of BBs and only 3 pre decs. The token is an 1820 Ireland & Co Token. When I pulled it out I thought it was a bit bigger than a penny and so it is. Shame it's in such bad condition. I have posted examples of what it would have looked like. One of the first companies in Australia to use tokens. The tokens were made from the 1850s to 1890s and there are variations. It could have either the satandling lady or seated Britannia. 1820 is the date the company started. Also got a nice 1936 thrip to keep the silvers flowing.

1444366225_d_copy.jpg

1444366226_e_copy.jpg

1444366226_f_copy.jpg

1444366437_g_copy.jpg

1444366437_j.jpg

1444366437_k.jpg

1444366437_images.jpg

1444366131_h_copy.jpg

1444366227_i_copy.jpg

Nice work RJ
You blokes are killing it lately
People in Newcastle must drop a lot of stuff
People around Noosa tend to have very tight fists,and..?..? Or short arms and long pockets

I'd like to be able to say "wow, that cleaned up well"(ha),... spectacular 1820+ find there RJ(and the silver) ;)

Ye i reckon tokens are very cool too
They tell so much, and surely must be rarer finds
Shame about the condition our ground leaves them in
Hopefuly one day we each will find a few in more favouable conditions :D

Not bad at all for a quick detect on the way home. Regardless of condition, such tokens seem to be a pretty rare occurrence these days in suburbia, well done on the find. :)

Nice looking ring RJ :D
Is that a chinese washer at the bottom of the second photo,... looks like a square hole. :D

Latest posts