Ramjet's Garrett At Pro finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldpick said:
Ramjet said:
Still hoping GP. Hitting a good spot tomorrow with Rocketroo. Got the 6p and 3p from there.

Am expecting a nice big 1800's Brittania penny from you, preferably an 1895 one for the Forum's oldest coin. :p

Sorry to disappoint ya GP. Missed that 1895 penny 8.( But I did have a good hunt.

I really have to thank Rocketroo for sharing this spot with me. It was not even on my radar as a potential hunting ground but has turned out to be a bit of a honey hole. I have mixed feelings because I'm doing very well. 60 coins in 2 visits which is great and I'm stoked but feel shitty because Rocket isn't doing as well :8

So Rocket and I spent a few hours there this morning and I got 32 coins. Pre decs where 4 roo pennies, 2 COA pennies, 2 roo hapennies and 2 silvers being a '47 florin and a '45 sixpence. Thanks again Rocket.

1426047999_20150311_133949_copy.jpg

1426047999_20150311_133957_copy.jpg

1426048000_20150311_134024_copy.jpg

Maybe you could take a coach approach and put down the weapon of choice so as to guide rocket through the process of deciphering his signals on the run, I know it's a biggie to do that, but I'm sure you would get a good kick out of seeing rocket make the finds just as much as if you were getting them yourself RJ,... or use your detector to find targets that you would dig and let rocket find scan and dig those targets in a given 1 to 2 foot square area so he still has to do a little bit of work for it,... he'll be up and away and scoring big time in no time, and it would be thanks to you a bit as the personal coach as well( a personal feel good for you).

That's a great idea Silver. We have been talking, comparing and running our coils over some of each others targets. Next time out I'll take your advice and put my detector aside for a bit. I really still see myself as a novice compared to people like yourself and others on the forum. Still I'm sure I can be of some help. Cheers mate.

I found 2 pennies, and one half peny, 3 one cents, and a dollar. I dug a ton of junk, so did Rod. I put it down to my lack of experience, the AT pro couldnt be giving Rod that much of an advantage? Rod feels bad, because I found the site, and he is getting a ton more than me. But, Rod is passing on his knowledge to me, which is pretty valuable, and much appreciated :) I should have my sniper coil next time we go, Rod uses a small coil, so maybe its helping? I want a silver so bad lol

nice finds!!!!!!! it is a good feeling to take someone else to a place that you haven't been to before and have good success - paulmarr and I have gone out with an SA member and he found 2 gold rings on his outing with us - I have yet to score anything to crow about at a park

Sa_bogan said:
nice finds!!!!!!! it is a good feeling to take someone else to a place that you haven't been to before and have good success - paulmarr and I have gone out with an SA member and he found 2 gold rings on his outing with us - I have yet to score anything to crow about at a park

Gee, I wonder who that was! :D I would't feel too bad about it Ramjet, parks are a an unpredictable beast, with no rhyme or reason for placement of coins at times, either one of you could have walked over those silvers. At the end of the day, there is nothing like decent detector time to know what to listen for, the detector is really only a part of the equation.

as for the finds, well done to the both of you, looks like you are onto a good spot for pre-decs. :)

Yeah, I've been out at times with my old mate(younger than me) that I passed on heaps of personal hands on knowledge to and when we've gone to new spots that I've found and organised and never been on before he's ended up hammering me on the silvers and beaten me at my own game(ha), He's walked away with a half dozen older silvers and I've found zilch on the silver scene, so the boot can quite easily be on the other foot at times fellas,... all in good fun(and he's as good at the hunt as me these days).

Good to see team work in action
and enjoying hunting together rather than
on your own

Much better for bouncing ideas / techniques of each other
and the Crys of :What you Got: Having a laugh as well

When are you guys hitting the beaches for the exercise

Cheers Mr T

Thanks Mr T. Today it was like Rocket says, " another threepence" and my reply of, " another ring pull" :D Happy for Rocket and that this spot continues to produce. Just not much in the area I was in. I did go over some of Rocket's ground behind him at his suggestion but he got all the goodies. :p

Ramjet and Rocketroo ride again. :D
Spent another few hours detecting with Rocket again today. Happy with my haul. 3 silvers including my first shilling for the year.. I love the 2 thrills ya get. First when you dig a pre decimal out of the ground then the 2nd when you get home and check the dates. I was happy to see a 1911 half penny being my oldest coin so far but the next was a 1907 half penny. She's a bit toasted but I'll take it. The piece of glass probably belonged to something nice. Also a warning to be careful when digging. There was a fair amount of glass pieces in this location.
Gave the Deteknix Xpointer a good run and I'm happy with it. Louder than the Garrett and has better range. Great to have a pin pointer that's not constantly falsing.

1426744460_img_2015031943880.jpg

1426744481_img_2015031930972.jpg

1426744516_img_2015031938889.jpg

1426744623_img_2015031948294.jpg

1426744642_img_2015031956688.jpg

1426744659_img_2015031947590.jpg