Ramjet's Garrett At Pro finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Results from today's hunt with Rocket.

1438771753_img_2015080537409.jpg

1438771778_img_2015080546382.jpg

1438771799_img_201508055250.jpg

1438771823_img_2015080528602.jpg

1438771859_img_2015080515288.jpg

Yet another gun, must have been a lot of cops & robbers played back in the day, I know I used to. :8

Looks to be a fair bit of junk in that spot, did well to pick out some good targets from amongst that. ;)

Well today was just one of those days but I said I would show all my finds so.....
I only had a couple of hours so went to a small park close to home that I hadn't visited before. It's an old area and affluent so I was hoping for good things. All I got was 3x 2 cents in an hour. A lot of shallow trash. Next I put another hour at a spot I've been to before. Digging low tones looking for my first gold ring. Not today.

Today's lesson. Don't be a lazy so n so. Rocket was also heading out and I couldn't be bothered driving the half hour to get there. Needless to say he had a better day than me but he'll tell that tale I'm sure. ;)

1439097375_20150809_150500_copy.jpg

1439097374_20150809_150346_copy.jpg

RKTs able to find gold rings pretty well,.. target to scrap ratio is failing a bit there RJ,....looking a bit like a panick hunt with over tones of just wishing(for a gold ring). :eek: ;)

LOL. It's an area I have been to many times Silver. I've probably taken most of the high tone coins already. Me and however many other guys have detected there. Just taking the advice of others and going over it again to dig every target. Only covered a very small area today.

I have long term plan for this and a couple of other sites. Going to continue to go over them with the At Pro with the small and large coil. Then when I upgrade to the CTXP Deus 3030 I will go back and see what I can find. :D

Ohh I see,...LOL,...now that you have lifted all that waste,...Maybe carefuller attention once more,..over the top,... listening carefully for whispers amongst the undertones,... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^/^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. ;)

By the time you are finished in that park, it's going to be the cleanest spot in NSW judging by all that junk. :eek:

You have more patience than me seeking out gold jewellery. :)

I found us a potentially, super awesome site today Rod. I have a feeling its been hit before, but I am sure your gringots, atpro wand of wonder, can eek out some magic on it :cool:

Goldpick said:
By the time you are finished in that park, it's going to be the cleanest spot in NSW judging by all that junk. :eek:

That is why I have said to Paulmarr and others that some sites are just not worth chasing gold rings. Not a very enjoyable day and isn't that one of the main reasons we do what we do? To enjoy it. I would have been happier digging pennies. Shrug. Gotta try I guess.

Ramjet said:
Goldpick said:

That is why I have said to Paulmarr and others that some sites are just not worth chasing gold rings. Not a very enjoyable day and isn't that one of the main reasons we do what we do? To enjoy it. I would have been happier digging pennies. Shrug. Gotta try I guess.
I try,.. almost everytime I get out,...although, silver is first and foremost on my mind,... I'd(and more likely do) walk over gold to get to silver,... It's only when the mind calls out" HEY,.... CHECK THAT,.. WILL YA ! " that I actually look and check if it's a gold ring,.... Subconcious is still on a learning curve, so I do have to participate,...learning together as we go. ;)

rocketaroo said:
not worth having gold fever, except the few sites with low trash :)

Agreed, but each to their own I guess. Though my current detecting spots are ideal for looking for such targets, with only a small amount of modern rubbish. So I do check some of those low/medium conductors if they sound too good to pass over, though once the junk to good finds threshold takes a turn for the worst, I'd prefer to stick to coins to retain some sort of sanity. :p

Beach detecting for gold rings is a whole different kettle of fish, nature does some of the hard work for you by sorting the gold into a more concentrated area vs just being a random needle in a haystack in parks. This makes for more enjoyable detecting, knowing you actually have a good chance on the day of being successful. :)

My post above about the long term project. The spots I have in mind are places that have given me a high ratio of pre decs to moderns with little trash. Unfortunately people where having picnics there today so I was over to one side.

Latest posts