Ramjet's detector finds for 2017. . XP Deus.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cool: :Y: A one shilling half florin :eek: 8) Nice run, cool thimble :Y: shame it got punished :/
Silvers look in good condition :Y:

Well we had a great group hunt this morning. Seven people showed up. Only 2 of the new members showed up. It was great to meet Rod H and Hugh. Some of the usual suspects also showed up. Great to catch up with Sandta, rocketaroo, Digging Australia and a couple of locals we know from Fakebook.
It's an old site and the finds are spread over a large area. I think everyone got a reasonable amount of finds and certainly a great mix. Of course MR Silver Hoover, AKA Rocket smashed out 8 silvers including an 1854 thrip while everyone else managed 1 or 2 silvers. Nice work Rocket.

I guess my find of the day was 17 coins in one spill. All the spendables in the first pic apart from the 2 x $2 coins came out together. :D

The 1875 penny was a deep, scratchy signal that seemed too low a number to be a coin. The only reason I dug it was because of our knowledge of the age of the site and it's depth. Glad I dug it. It read at 22cm on the CTX and that was spot on... The depth of a pin pointer. I started out using the Deus but halfway through the hunt the coil battery died. Some fool didn't charge it last night. :8 So i pulled out the big gun.
I reckon Sandta got the find of the day but didn't realize it until we had a postmortem back at the cars. But that's his tale to tell. ;)
The little, clockwork toy key is cool too. Seems they are popular as they are being remade and sold in large numbers. I guess many collectors have the toy but not the original key. Used in wind up cars, trains etc.

Rocket's finds can be seen here.... https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=326788#p326788

Sandta was off to another site so I guess he will post his finds later.

A good day out and many thanks to all who showed up.

1493444545_20170429_145127.jpg

1493444705_20170429_085520.jpg

1493444546_20170429_145143.jpg

1493444546_20170429_145209.jpg

1493444546_20170429_145223.jpg

1493444612_20170429_145237.jpg

sixpence 1912 the year the Titanic sunk and one penny 100 years before i was born. I like the last one Ramjet :D

B5MECH said:
Ramjet said:
B5MECH said:
Top run RJ :cool: strange triangle thingy there 8)
Some nice old coins :cool: :Y:

Triangle thingy?
That must be the clock toy key :rolleyes: :eek: never seen anything like that, is it from a tin wind up car toy?

A quick gogle search shows it used in many wind up toys.

1493451655_minic.jpg

rocketaroo said:
Ramjet said:
Heatho said:
Awesome hunt Rod. What a coin spill, maybe that one should be rephrased to "complete pocket blowout". :D Nice sixpence, quite a low mintage "considered scarce". :Y:

http://www.allcoinvalues.com/austra...ralian-kevii-and-kgv-era-sixpence-values.html

Wish I was there to join in the fun.

Thanks Heath. A lot of credit to Sandta who got onto a bit of a patch and called us over. A fair percentage of our finds came from this one area.

I only took two from his patch....just 2 thrips! ;) and you started the invasion RJ! He didnt call us over LOL

Ye you bugger ... just 2thrips :rolleyes:
... the 2 early ones ;)
It was your day for the silvers mate .... Pre determined :p

Ramjet said:
B5MECH said:
Ramjet said:
B5MECH said:
Top run RJ :cool: strange triangle thingy there 8)
Some nice old coins :cool: :Y:

Triangle thingy?
That must be the clock toy key :rolleyes: :eek: never seen anything like that, is it from a tin wind up car toy?

A quick gogle search shows it used in many wind up toys.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1493451655_minic.jpg
I never seen one with a key, really thought it would look like a old clock key not like that :rolleyes:
Ahhh, seems pretty rare to see an original one, still with paint
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VINTAGE-...498017?hash=item4b15fdbe21:g:y90AAOSw5UZY-3iR
Makes me think this one is a reproduction, no paint 8)

Latest posts