Queensland (Qld) Gold Fossicking Areas information & questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have some tips about Western creek station at Georgetown QLD am going past might give it a try

ROB 65 said:
Anyone have some tips about Western creek station at Georgetown QLD am going past might give it a try

15$/night for camping and fossicking permit at Western creek. When you get there ask for Deb, she's in charge. She will give you a map and some basic info.

ROB 65 said:
Hi Rob 65
Not exactly Western Creek Stn, but have researched the Georgetown/Forsayth area extensively before taking a field trip for 2 weeks in 2014. Came away with a much better understanding of some of the key indicators that point to a higher probability of finding gold in this locality. Brought home 17 nugs for 2.2oz. If you like i can dig out my notes and throw a few handy tips your way. I highly recommend you take the opportunity to prospect the area, as you stated 3 yrs of detectors over the ground versus 30 yrs in most places.
Cheers, SS.

Agree with SS, but last 3 years of best detectors like X5000 & Z7000! Still no way they covered all the area.

Thanks S S and Luke.am staying at Karumba and traveling to Georgetown for two nights camping and prospecting. Wife stayers at the beach ! Got a couple of small pieces in the dam paddock . And plan to stay in Georgetown area when we leave Karumba any info would be helpful SS.

Hi guys
Currently sitting in the Forsayth caravan park just arrived from mount suprise . Can anybody give any suggestions as to which station to go detecting on . I have a list of phone numbers for them . We have travelled up from Vic on our holidays tried Clermont on the way through found a little but we are pretty new to this. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks petnlyn

ROB 65 said:
Thanks S S and Luke.am staying at Karumba and traveling to Georgetown for two nights camping and prospecting. Wife stayers at the beach ! Got a couple of small pieces in the dam paddock . And plan to stay in Georgetown area when we leave Karumba any info would be helpful SS.
Don't expect too much in two days, it takes few days only to see/learn the place.

As you drive into Cloncurry you can pick up a mud map of where u can fossick at top camp .Pretty rough country ,u will need a 4x4

last there a couple off months ago but a local dug up 4or 5 small nuggets detecting . Just under a ounce all up in one day .I dry panedto on chinamans flat and got enough colour to go back with a blower
cairnspom said:
phil reed said:
As you drive into Cloncurry you can pick up a mud map of where u can fossick at top camp .Pretty rough country ,u will need a 4x4
Whats the gold like there Phil? Is it likely 'detectable' or more fine stuff for panning and sluicing?

Rush said:
Orion has mining leases over Top Camp.
Orion has a lease on some off top camp.U can get a mud map from tourist info as u drive into Cloncurry as to where u can go

Lasseter said:
I work that area a couple of times a year and dont think top camp is threat to ya health . The guys up there are old school and can be a bit intimitating but over the years i have only been a bit worried once . I do have contacts up there and have tried to talk a couple of station owners into letting prospectors on to their property but from thier past experience of people trashing thier property with rubbish and open holes they dont want to know about us . I am afraid prospectors have created their own problem that makes it hard on all . IF a group off guys did come to a agreement with a station owner on the property where top camp is (not likely) it probably would have mining rights by others so legally its a no go zone.

Latest posts