Queensland (Qld) Gold Fossicking Areas information & questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the Mary river worth a look?
Short answer - Yes :)
Thought as with any area gold isn't everywhere, but there has been plenty of it found in the area and there is sure to be a lot more to find.

Can someone help me with info on the Palmer River Area . have heard its become very difficult to find areas to gold fossick. any info would be appreciated on any areas that are not restricted.

jobeth said:
Can someone help me with info on the Palmer River Area . have heard its become very difficult to find areas to gold fossick. any info would be appreciated on any areas that are not restricted.
Hi jobeth, Metal detectors are forbidden on the Palmer River Resources Reserve. Unless you have permission to detect on somebodies lease you shouldn't be there with a detector. However it seems not to many adhere to the rules.

We found eight little nuggets on the riverbank near the crossing before you enter the reserve.

1446209564_p9170145.jpg

Hi Guys,
im chasing some info on where to get some paleo maps from. Any ideas? Paleo channels in Queensland i know are there but cant seem to find any info on these at all.... Help
Regards
DD

I am trying to plan a trip from Cairns back to Brisbane via central/western Qld...so that I can stop and pan (no detectors) and just have some quiet moments...me, the black sand...and the gold.

As a newbie it's daunting trying to figure out where to go so that no-one gets pissed off with me doing some fossicking and no laws are broken.

I reckon there is a market and a few buck to be made from someone who could tell you...for example....when you are in Longreach...go to... and try... and then go to...etc

I'd pay for advice and directions ( not exact locations) because I know it's up to me to do the hard work ...find the dirt...(dig, sluice, pan).

There are guys in the Golden Triangle in Vic that sell information and run tours etc ...just don't think it happens here in Qld.

Anyway, thanks again mate !!!! Very useful.
cheers
Mike

Latest posts