QED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quite like this a la carte approach to selling detectors, actually. It recognises that many buyers will already have bits and pieces of the necessary hardware and allows them to purchase what they actually want/need, rather than selling a 'one size fits all' package. That's a plus for the QED in my book. I hope they can sort out their manufacturing backlog ASAP and start getting more machines into the hands of eager customers.

One place I think that this machine would be a Bonus is on step rocky ground, being light weight where the soil is not over deep.

grubstake said:
I quite like this a la carte approach to selling detectors, actually. It recognises that many buyers will already have bits and pieces of the necessary hardware and allows them to purchase what they actually want/need, rather than selling a 'one size fits all' package. That's a plus for the QED in my book. I hope they can sort out their manufacturing backlog ASAP and start getting more machines into the hands of eager customers.

Well people have been asking the US companies for years for such an option and to this day only XP have offered such a thing, So once again an Aussie brand has broke from the norm and seen the benefits of the mix and match concept just like XP did.

John

Regarding the price comparison to an SDC ................... you can buy an SDC at the moment with $600 of extras for $3300. ;) The Pro Sonic that's included with it if you didn't want could be sold off no problem so that brings the SDC to straight under 3K
But for me to be comparing a machine with as yet an unproven track record against a machine with probably one of the best reputations for doing it's job regardless of price is a bit like comparing a Maserati to a Hyundai Getz :rolleyes: Now nothing against a Hyundai Getz but it aint no Maserati but the only thing wrong using this comparison is the QED is like the Maserati if it comes to re selling as the market would be limited. The SDC on the other hand you could sell as many as you could get your hands on.
My knowledge on all this is certainly only as a layman but for me it will never be an SDC and if it ends up coming even close I think you will see the price rise dramatically :|
At the moment I'll let the QED stand for Quality Equals Dunno

Apparently someone sold one on e bay for $2250 last week, to someone in central north Qld......think his initials are probably JP.
Guess we will find out soon enough.

Most field testers test other brands, Even PT has been known to swing Coils from OZ to the EU,

But, Ebay would not give out such Info, So I will believe it when the Right JP says it's true and what ever JP spends his money on has nothing to do with any forum. that Is a personal thing and who ever said that has no right too Unless they have JP's permission to us his name,

There is so much nastiness and lies being told and people being banned from forums because of this detector, that there will come a time when people will just say No More,

I do wish them luck with their venture, But the Stone Cold Reality is if all the US companies can't Rival ML a man in a shed is going to have a hack of a job on his hands, This needs to be put back in to prospective,

As the promises of a world beating Gold machine has given people Gold fever, No one is thinking straight and the forum to forum wars have started, and If there is any of it heading this way then I vote the Mods call time before any damage is done, I have full Confidence in our Mods and you can rest assured that although they are not posting on this thread much, that they are watching very closely.

The Inter forum Hatred caused by those making such wild claims and their supporters are not helping to promote the machine or the hobby, where the focus seems to be aimed at those who don't believe in this new machine instead of focusing on showing the machine in a good light, But one thing that all of those people seem to forget is that those who disbelieve are under No Obligation to believe one word that has been said It is Their Right to believe in their beloved ML machines because since the birth of the SD Nothing has come close, ONE major issue about all this is that just because millions of users prefer to endorse Minelab does not mean that they are there for target practice for those involved with the qed in any way shape or form,

Two,,, this machine is 100% untested by trusted "KNOWN" field testers and I doubt that more than half a dozen people here have even see this new machine let alone used one, So I suggest that all the speculations / posts Stop here and now, And let the machine earn it's reputation NOT inherit it from some old wind bag on the bush Telegraph, Let it earn it the same way Minelab has done year after year and model after model, Love em or Hate em, ML machines are Bloody Good and only a fool would say otherwise, Don't get the wrong Idea, My MXT is not going in the shop for a True Blue paint job, I like it just the way it is, But it P's me off that just because ML users won't fall for it that, That makes them fair Game for all kinds of ridicule etc.

sorry folks but it needed saying.

John.

What are you on about RR?
What wild claims?
The only claims I've seen are it has found 16 grams of small gold, for two days. Between 2 detectorists.
Other than that, the wild claims refer to its ability to ground balance, and handle working side walls better than other detectors. It claims to be almost as good as a GPX 5000.
They are the claims I've seen written by the builder, and testers.
The one sold on Gumtree had a postcode for that area of Qld as the buyer. Who cares who,s got it.

As for myself, I love my gpx4500, and am not going to replace it anytime soon. But I'm going to give a QED a go, and hope its a good machine. I know a member on here who is very tech savvy, and lives in my area, who has plenty of experience and also has a QED, he is remaining silent at the moment, guess he will post when he is ready.
Mods will do what mods are meant to do when required.

Also, I don't think referring to people as some old windbag on the bush telegraph makes you impartial anymore, play the ball, not the man.

Dave there is more to it regarding that gold that was found, and the size of those bit could have been found with any machine.

What I am on about is the constant bagging and put downs put out there at ML owners being called various names etc,

We are talking about an unknown, untested, unproven machine, Independent testers are what is needed, two people had good fortune, was the ground gone over by other machines before hand ? No. but what you did not say was than one of those machine that found half of that Gold was a GPX 5000,

I have no doubts that it is capable at finding Gold, But it is the constant Bitching that is wearing thin with me and many others, And the worst part is that it is being done over an unknown machine that is unproven, It is only natural that those close to the source are going to sing it's praises and that is fine and to be expected, But the onslaught /Shite fight that follows the moment anyone disagrees is causing problems on at lease 6 forums, and quite frankly I don't think it is worth all the back biting or all the anger that is being thrown about,

Like all new releases It still needs work,

Hi Folk's
I have a lot of respect for your comments and I also know what is going on in the back ground.
We have a very healthy like for fair play in here and we us Mods work to keep it that way.
Please, Lets keep it all healthy and above all, Respect each others comments and keep it all
low key. A lot of people are being hurt very badly over debates like this.
DaveNT, I am like a lot of others really looking forwards to your true life experience..
RR, I think a lot of us are like that, Really upset about the slanging match's going on.
Keep The Peace People.
Time will tell.

Tathradj said:
Hi Folk's
I have a lot of respect for your comments and I also know what is going on in the back ground.
We have a very healthy like for fair play in here and we us Mods work to keep it that way.
Please, Lets keep it all healthy and above all, Respect each others comments and keep it all
low key. A lot of people are being hurt very badly over debates like this.
Time will tell.

It's Cool Tathradj, not a problem

Thanks mate,

John.

I'm feeling the Love baby,

Dave knows that I am worried about him and others coz I told him in a PM this morning.

John.

EDIT:- Thanks Tathr

Not sure why all the problem ? It's very simple if you want one buy one ................. if you don't like it sell it ? It's not as though you have to sell your first born to obtain one it's basically only the price of a 19" coil off a GPZ :eek:

Would(will) be great to see you do a thread on par with MLGolds in depth expose Dave, with all the great finds to boot, I too am looking forward with great anticipation ,...... especially for seeing all the gold be it small or gut bustingly huge, it's still gunna be a good colour ! 8) :p :D ;)

Ridge Runner said:
I'm feeling the Love baby,

Dave knows that I am worried about him and others coz I told him in a PM this morning.

John.

EDIT:- Thanks Tathr

RR, although its nice to know you care, I do find it insulting that you are worried about me.
Im a 50 YO man, and I worked three over time shifts to pay for the QED. At worst, I end up with a new nugget finder coil.
I blown way more money on fishing gear, trips etc and don't mind giving one a go on a hunch.
If I can't find anything with it, ill say so.
If its a ripper,Ill say so.
But if its really good, I might bag the C@#P out of it!

Ridge Runner said:
Most field testers test other brands, Even PT has been known to swing Coils from OZ to the EU,

But, Ebay would not give out such Info, So I will believe it when the Right JP says it's true and what ever JP spends his money on has nothing to do with any forum. that Is a personal thing and who ever said that has no right too Unless they have JP's permission to us his name,

There is so much nastiness and lies being told and people being banned from forums because of this detector, that there will come a time when people will just say No More,

I do wish them luck with their venture, But the Stone Cold Reality is if all the US companies can't Rival ML a man in a shed is going to have a hack of a job on his hands, This needs to be put back in to prospective,

As the promises of a world beating Gold machine has given people Gold fever, No one is thinking straight and the forum to forum wars have started, and If there is any of it heading this way then I vote the Mods call time before any damage is done, I have full Confidence in our Mods and you can rest assured that although they are not posting on this thread much, that they are watching very closely.

The Inter forum Hatred caused by those making such wild claims and their supporters are not helping to promote the machine or the hobby, where the focus seems to be aimed at those who don't believe in this new machine instead of focusing on showing the machine in a good light, But one thing that all of those people seem to forget is that those who disbelieve are under No Obligation to believe one word that has been said It is Their Right to believe in their beloved ML machines because since the birth of the SD Nothing has come close, ONE major issue about all this is that just because millions of users prefer to endorse Minelab does not mean that they are there for target practice for those involved with the qed in any way shape or form,

Two,,, this machine is 100% untested by trusted "KNOWN" field testers and I doubt that more than half a dozen people here have even see this new machine let alone used one, So I suggest that all the speculations / posts Stop here and now, And let the machine earn it's reputation NOT inherit it from some old wind bag on the bush Telegraph, Let it earn it the same way Minelab has done year after year and model after model, Love em or Hate em, ML machines are Bloody Good and only a fool would say otherwise, Don't get the wrong Idea, My MXT is not going in the shop for a True Blue paint job, I like it just the way it is, But it P's me off that just because ML users won't fall for it that, That makes them fair Game for all kinds of ridicule etc.

sorry folks but it needed saying.

John.

John, it would be appreciated if you don't refer to other people as windbags and the like, we are trying to keep this thread civil, the mod team is very well aware of the interforum warfare that's happening and we won't stand for it here. I really don't think anything needs to be said about it on this forum, we have managed to avoid that so far and would prefer it stayed that way. You're welcome to discuss the detector but please leave the other stuff out of it.

We mods know what we are doing and have been keeping a very close eye on it here and on a few other forums.

Cheers

Heatho I am well aware that you know what you are doing, I have been here for 2 and a half years so I do understand what goes on here.

Dave, caring about what happens to people is not an insult, nor is it limited by age, It don't matter if a person 5 or 95,

Enjoy your machine.

Ridge Runner said:
Some of the Gold found by the GPX 5000 and the qed can be found here on GoldSearch Australia's qed Page

http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/index.php/customer-testimonial-qed01

I know Reg and he is a very good and knowledgeable prospector. My only issue with what is shown there is that it probably would have been found with any machine as its on private land that probably hasnt had the traffic over it that most goldfields have. I dare say a 4500/5000, a SDC or a 7000 would also have found that gold.

It does prove the QED works, but doesnt show how it compares to other machines. This is what I am really interested in. Would love to see it in a head to head against someone I trust with another machine.

Well they were both very successful, I think they had about 16.1 grams to show by the end of the 1st or 2nd day, So they must be doing something right, that is damn good going,

Latest posts