QED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the QED, did you see on the other forum that JR n Reg are out getn plenty of gold with the QED and the 5000 in the GT . 16 grams each day for the last 2 days straight, and Reg is getn more than JR

Onya Reg

yeah saw that, 100 bits to the oz, kinda like the majority of patches up here that I've come across so far. Also saw the controversy around the pics, all because of a date on one of the pictures.
All that does, is discourage them to post more pics, but I hope they keep the pictures coming. JR got his with the 5000 on the 1st day, but I think I read that he used a QED on the 2nd, but not sure. Sound s like it could be a good patch, 2km long.
I guess we will get a better picture of how the QED performs when more are out there using them. I think that there are less than 20 units out there, and I would guess that most are only getting one or two days a week with it, so there's not a whole lot QED info coming in yet.

mbasko said:
I'm not missing the point at all (& why "as always"!!). You said about running it in the house then the talk went onto spherics which is completely different & we all know it cause problems - not just in Northern Australia!!!! My point is other detectors can run with/around household power sources & LV power lines. It's not new.

I've used a couple of so called unusable detectors under power lines too. Go figure - they didn't have Dave Emery's front end??

If you need to drive 60km out of town with the GPX4500 Dave I'd send it in - I think it may be in need of service to be honest. If you want to play around with it or familiarise try cancel.

Edit: remove naughty wording

I didnt say QED was the only machine that has 50 - 60 hz filtering
:) ..

10fp said:
Back to the QED, did you see on the other forum that JR n Reg are out getn plenty of gold with the QED and the 5000 in the GT . 16 grams each day for the last 2 days straight, and Reg is getn more than JR

Onya Reg

Hah its been removed already , was there last night funny

Bogger said:
davent said:
Ok, so now im gunna ask you, what is Sperics. apart from prospectors telling me, the noise im getting is spheric,s I dont really understand.

Dave I think you will find that Spherics (or sferic) is just a jazzy word for EMI ? One of those terms you might use to baffle someone with bull shite :) :) :) :)

Not to sure how the QED handles it but thinking of building one as I have a spare broom handle and a tin foil hat around some where ;) :) :)

Sorry Dave wasn't trying to baffle anyone with bullshite. I use spherics for a shortening of atmospherics i.e. EMI caused by lightning.

Closest definition I could find:
"When a lightning discharge occurs, radio waves are emitted over a broad spectrum of frequencies. For the vast majority of people, such 'atmospherics' (or 'sferics') are simply a nuisance, leading to the familiar 'crackle' that can be detected on a home radio set, particularly in the 'AM' medium or long wavebands"

Dave I know this is a little off topic but have you thought about the new Detech 15 DD. If you are having that much trouble with ground and emi the Double D will help no end and will more than likely make your 4500 run a lot smoother even with hotter settings. You have to remember these new monos are even more sensitive than the older ones and will amplify everything not just targets. The Z is running a Double D as well as new tech in the box and with a double d on the end of your stick you would be amazed at how much different your 4500 can be.

I have run the 11" DD on it, and yep, very quiet, lots of bullets and boot tacks.....
I have a mate with a 15" Detech, he just sold it. Good coil, but he still had to run it in enhance, so no real gain in depth there.
Its only a couple of spots that the emi and ground noise is a problem, but its a rich couple of spots, and Im sick of watching the zed guys dig gold up all around me.
The sdc handles the ground ok, better than the gpx,s but dosnt punch deep enough.
I have a commander 15x12 and 14 x 9 advantage Ive also tried to use there with little luck. I can work the area in enhance, but cant punch deep enough. The QED might not either, but at least its a bit lighter, and I want a 2nd detector anyway, for a few reasons.
So really, if this dosnt handle the ground much better, Ill just steer clear of these patches.....and use it as an excuse for not finding gold!

Well it is good that they have sorted out the details, Is that price for the complete machine ? also they list that the Batteries and the Charger are solid separately which add about another $125.00+/- to the total Is that correct because that brings it up to $1495.00 +/- ?

John.

Base Package Includes:
1x QED Control Box
1x Battery Box (no batteries)
2x Ferrite EMI Suppressors

Note: prices may vary due to price fluctuations over time
Batteries, battery Charger, Search coil, upper & lower shafts, nut/bolt + washers, speakers, headphones are sold separately.

So the buyer still has to pay

$1370.00 for the basic pack
$99.95 for the charger
$26.45 for the Batteries
$49.95 for the upper shaft and the arm cup
$34.00 for the lower shaft
$525.00 for the Coil

Which brings the total cost of this machine to,,,, $2105.35. Plus delivery / freight charges.

Going by the checkout system and with the cheapest coil option, you are probably looking at around $1900 in total (incl. Shaft, batteries & charger).

Still pretty good pricing, though I wish they would have put more thought into its initial release.

Ridge Runner said:

$99.95 for the charger
$26.45 for the Batteries
$525.00 for the Coil

Which brings the total cost of this machine to,,,, $2105.35. Plus delivery / freight charges.

If you wanted all of that yep.
Sounds pretty fair to me.
SDC2300 $3500 ish with no coil flexibility.
If you all ready have coils, you can deduct $525 from your list, $1580.

Goldpick said:
Going by the checkout system and with the cheapest coil option, you are probably looking at around $1900 in total (incl. Shaft, batteries & charger).

Still pretty good pricing, though I wish they would have put more thought into its initial release.

One thing that does stand out to me is that it uses 12 AA batteries and they only last 8 hours, that is quite a thirst.

John.

again, you dont have to buy the batteries supplied by goldsearch, you can source longer lasting batteries, like eneloop.
Its a flexible set up.
Anyway, enough from me .Mine should be here next week.

davent said:
Ridge Runner said:

$99.95 for the charger
$26.45 for the Batteries
$525.00 for the Coil or ($290.00) for the cheaper option.

If you wanted all of that yep.
Sounds pretty fair to me.
SDC2300 $3500 ish with no coil flexibility.
If you all ready have coils, you can deduct $525 from your list, $1580.

It is still a good deal and not over complex where once set up a person can get on with swinging the coil, I like that Idea. I hate menus within menus.

Latest posts