Proud to be Aussie?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would gladly see the police turning a bus load of hoarders around and send them back to where they come from ,they created the problem where they live ,so put up with it ,i see people here buy the one pack of produce and put it in the car, then go and get another one ,and then you see them work in groups ,in and out to the same car

And then we have scomo say stop it ,who listens to that clown ,as i said before if it does not stop, so the needy get to buy the staples they need the government might have to go to the ration book

If the public can't self regulate, then the government will have to do it for them,i know that will be a sad state of affairs but if the public continue to panic buy,what else can we do so the needy get the staples they need, that maybe the kick in the arse they need to pull the hoarders and panic buyers in line

Is this the same country that came together during the bushfires? Im afraid not. There are two types of people. Givers and takers. Thats always been true. I just didnt realise the takers numbered so high. And, I didnt realise how naive I am. Sad, really. What a bunch of xxxxxxxxx. (Mods may remove the cuss word, but, strangely enough, auto-correct did not.) :N: ]:D

I took this screenshot off the CNN news website:

1584578428_ef6a5368-4d9a-4efd-9f6d-026ce8f79904.jpg

Those who are on social platforms, please share it and attribute it. Maybe it may have some influence. Maybe not.

Patrick1 said:
My dog and I had a Talk. If it gets bad enough, she becomes part of my food chain. :lol:
hey Patrick, isn't that how this all started ... people eating animals/creatures that they just shouldnt!? :awful:
lol poor dog ... at least just start with its tail ... it can live without that bit :playful:

I thought the topic was...

Proud To Be An Aussie

Well .. I am definitely proud to be an Aussie.

Shopping today for the wife's long weekend off, I came across the scene of an Elderly Woman (80's and very thin) that had collapsed,

A younger Caucasian woman (late 30's) talking to her and helping, an older Asian woman also assisting,
a female Caucasian Coles staffer had called for an Ambulance (I checked), a male Caucasian Coles staffer monitoring, and a security guard
Indian I think.

She just felt faint, dizzy and dropped.

None had much first aid or triage knowledge,
I quickly assessed the old woman, no regular meds, not eaten, drank a long time ago, was out shopping wandering around, no visible signs of illness,
face, lip and skin tone pretty normal, alert, eyes focusing and talking, breathing normal - No blood pressure meds, No diabetes.
At the time weather is warm and humid.

I considered - low blood sugars, dehydrated, low blood pressure.
Advised observers give no water or food, she should be fine to be addressed by Ambo's watch and wait.
She was sitting and being well monitored, and Ambo's on the way.

As I left Coles, the Ambo's were taking her to hospital - extremely low blood pressure, she was not looking good on the stretcher.

YES, I am Proud to be an Aussie.

All these people rallied around her to assist, selfless and unconcerned about their own position.
I have done this about 8 times myself now in 5 years, injuries and oldies, kids and even babies.

There are other things that happen out there like yesterday when an Asian Woman left her 3-4yr old child in the car next to mine,
in the heat, but with the drivers window down only 45mm, and the keys in the ignition.
I stayed and monitored the kid, called police and reported it, mum arrived back after 15min, probably gone for 20+min.
Apparently did not speak English, either Thai or Japanese ?
Until I told her that I had called the police and reported it, and they may be visiting her at home - her face changed to horror and she spoke perfect English.

I have had to smash windows outside of our past business in the carpark to pull a kid out that has been left in a hot car, kid febrile fitting and unconscious,
saved its life, mum turned up 35 minutes later. To Police and Ambo's.
This leaves a very long lasting emotion and trauma inside you - zero tolerance from me on that issue.

Proud to be an Aussie - YES

:Y:

:)

A

Latest posts