Proud to be Aussie?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reg Wilson said:
I have a list too. You've been on it for some time.
I wondered why you jumped at the opportunity to have a go at me.
I've never had anything but respect for you so maybe it's just my outgoing personality that annoyed you.
Anyway if ya ever want to back up that big mouth mate you know where I am. :clap:

No sense of humor. I didn't specify the nature of the list. Too sensitive. You are the one who said you were a bogan, not me.

Reg Wilson said:
No sense of humor. I didn't specify the nature of the list. Too sensitive. You are the one who said you were a bogan, not me.

Try using emoji's Reg it'll help everyone find the humour :D :Y: :beer:

If your not happy use this one :mad:
If your happy use this one :)
If you find it funny or just having a laugh try this :lol:
And so on

Reg Wilson said:
I have a Great sence of humor. :)
Sounds like you were just fishing again. :/
And Yer I bite easy. :clap:

RM Outback said:
Reg Wilson said:

Try using emoji's Reg it'll help everyone find the humour :D :Y: :beer:

If your not happy use this one :mad:
If your happy use this one :)
If you find it funny or just having a laugh try this :lol:
And so on

and if you're just being yourself use this one :poop:

Spent a few years overseas and really kinda made me proud to be an Aussie, and I sure did miss the place.

Mobile phones, computers and the internet, globalisation, multiculturalism, all of them kind of shoved us in a whole different direction. Not to mention public liability, civil litigation and pc culture that has morphef into social progressives and woke culture.

I sit between the Boomers and the Millennials and I can quickly have my fill of both on any given day.

In general Im proud, but as each year passes little pieces seem to get eroded from the collective psyche, and from our interpersonal relationships. Its progress but not all of its good.

Still its hard not to love a country and a population that has all its wonderful attributes, When they built it, they took most of the best bits and quite effectively filtered out the ones that needed to change.

Its easy to forget how lucky we are. A dawn service, an Olympic year, watching hay trucks roll into a drought striken area, its hard not to have your heart swell at times as a true patriot.

Proud enough Id fight for it at the least.

Yes I'm proud to be an Aussie, and believe I uphold the Aussie spirit.

When a mate needs a hand, you help them.

I think it has been shown on this forum that the Aussie spirit is alive and well, when one of our friends needed new boots and we all chipped in to help get them.
When someone has a question, needing help - the members answer it and help them.

It's the negative attitude of others that is bringing the Aussie spirit down.
If you don't have anything good to say about Australia and Aussies, then don't say anything at all. Stop trashing us!

We are lucky. Go to India or South Africa and you'll soon see how lucky we are here! Stop whinging when we really have nothing to whinge about here.

Yes, we're going through a tough time now - so is the rest of the world - no point carrying on about it, just handle it!

My mother said that during the war years, her family lived on rabbit meat and field greens. They had to ration sugar, flour, tea - and a lot of the time they couldn't get them, even when they were rationed. What we're going through now, is nothing compared to what they went through - and yet they managed.

So put your big girl panties on, grow a pair, and just handle it without whinging about not having toilet paper! Use a damn newspaper, like they used to do, if you're that desperate! It's not the end of the world.

If you need help - ask - a true blue Aussie will help a mate in need whenever they can.
That's the Aussie spirit of which we should be so proud, and uphold! We help our mates in times of need!

Cheers, :beer:
Megsy

Just spent 3 hour on the blower to my kids and grandkids.

My eldest was shopping today and looking at the empty shit paper shelves as was another lady and remarked "disgusting isn't it, we're on our last roll and haven't been able to get a pack in 3 weeks"

About an hour later she was in the carpark putting what groceries she could get into her car when the same lady came up, handed her a 4 pack and walked off.
My daughter shot off after her and said "no they're yours!"
The lady refused to take them back, refused to accept payment and just said "pay it forward" and walked off.
:heart:

Latest posts