Proud to be Aussie?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I used to be. A few weeks ago we were all pulling together and helping out everyone in need either fires and then flooding. Now it just seems like its everyone for themselves. Not everyone I know but its a lot. :/

Still proud to be an Aussie, though I'd be proud no matter what flavour I was. What's happening is not unique to Australia, it happening world wide not just here.
When doctors on tv are saying here in Aust a best case scenario is 50,000 dead and worst case is 150,000 dead it is understandable that people are scared and a large percentage will panic. Not good but to be expected unfortunately.

I'm not scared for me but I am bloody concerned for my kids and grand kids on the east coast who live in suburbia, go to work, go to schools and catch buses etc.
I'd not blame them and in fact I'd probably encourage them to stock up and lay low, not on shit paper but UTH milk, tinned goods etc.

madtuna said:
Still proud to be an Aussie, though I'd be proud no matter what flavour I was. What's happening is not unique to Australia, it happening world wide not just here.
When doctors on tv are saying here in Aust a best case scenario is 50,000 dead and worst case is 150,000 dead it is understandable that people are scared and a large percentage will panic. Not good but to be expected unfortunately.

I'm not scared for me but I am bloody concerned for my kids and grand kids on the east coast who live in suburbia, go to work, go to schools and catch buses etc.
I'd not blame them and in fact I'd probably encourage them to stock up and lay low, not on shite paper but UTH milk, tinned goods etc.
might be a good time for them to take an extended holiday to visit you MT.
we are kind of lucky that WA only has 1 big cesspool. I am very concerned for my youngest daughter living in a Perth suburb.

Bjay said:
Well I used to be. A few weeks ago we were all pulling together and helping out everyone in need either fires and then flooding. Now it just seems like its everyone for themselves. Not everyone I know but its a lot. :/
proud to be a aussie i used to be. pretty sad thing to say if you dont like it move to italy mass panic is unwanted and not needed but as aussies are aussies and that is what makes us different from the rest if you are that disapointed help someone because that is what aussies do

Its bad enough that we are competing with our neighbours for groceries.
What makes me sick is yesterday bus loads of locusts from Sydney swarmed Bathurst, Orange, Mudgee and even Forbes.
Filling trolleys and stripping shelves bare, even fighting over products with locals that are finding it hard enough as is.
Not remotely Aussie :N: :fistpump:

AussieChris said:
What makes me sick is yesterday bus loads of locusts from Sydney swarmed Bathurst, Orange, Mudgee and even Forbes.
Filling trolleys and stripping shelves bare, even fighting over products with locals that are finding it hard enough as is.

Proof please

Im always proud to be an Aussie.
Dissapointed yes,,
The arguements stating other countries are worse doesnt wash with me..
I really dont care what other countries do i care what we do.
The cricket is a perfect example.
I wont watch cricket whilever we have cheats in the team,
I dont care what other countries have done to there cheats i never think about it.
I think about where are our cheats, and they are playing for Australia.
Still proud of course,
very dissapointed.

xcvator said:
AussieChris said:

Proof please

It's happening xcvator just got off the phone to a customer in Kyneton VIC where Hardwicks have an abattoir and have opened a shop front. Two coach loads of scumbags drove into Kyneton parked the coaches around the rear of the footy oval and the occupants descend on Hardwicks and stripped the joint bare ]:D :fistpump: this happened yesterday 17th March.

Scomo should add powers to the state of emergency that allows all management and staff of supply networks to say NO you do not need that much and confiscate excessive items. I'm sure the ATO will be able to supply a grocery list value suitable for the normal household. After all the ATO watches people's claims and has modelling figures to know how much a normal household needs financially on a weekly basis to function.

This sort of thing gets a life of its own. A small percentage panic and strip the shelves. News of the virus get worse and others think they should at least get some minimum supplies. However for weeks now, there has been no toilet paper, no hand sanitiser, no face masks at all in the 5 supermarkets near me, not a single item of any of them. Then rice and pasta started to disappear. So perhaps don't be too hard on those who have descended on country towns (and they are doing so, Kinglake is another example) - we got into the situation where we did not have any of these items at all. And people don't just do it for themselves, they do it for their kids, for grandma.

And most toilet paper is Australian made from Australian products - there is no need to worry about shortages of it (seems the least important item to me).

""Scomo should add powers to the state of emergency that allows all management and staff of supply networks to say NO you do not need that much and confiscate excessive items.""
Scomo hasnt declared any state of emergency its only some of the state govs,,, so it wouldnt really affect us much

Brutus and me said:
""Scomo should add powers to the state of emergency that allows all management and staff of supply networks to say NO you do not need that much and confiscate excessive items.""
Scomo hasnt declared any state of emergency its only some of the state govs,,, so it wouldnt really affect us much

Fair point :Y: Time he did then.

We export a fair bit of fruit and veg enough for oz and others but with exports not so busy lately I can see an excess of produce mounting soon.

Last month the lobster fleets were waiting for exports to resume again so I would be very surprised we actually run out of anything.

Still the lucky country.

Australia exports two thirds of the food it produces. We are a land of beef, sheep and wheat. There is absolutely no need for this behaviour. Its our overseas customers who should be worried. NOT US!!! Im on an aged pension. Im managing but cant afford to bulk buy to any extent. Hopefully those who are frenzy buying will soon run out of storage space and things will settle down.

:( :( Second thoughts. Nah, they dont give a flying fried fish about anyone else. ??

I had to go to the Post Office to pick up a parcel today, and walking down the street, I saw a line of people outside an organic grocery shop. The guy on the door was only letting them in one by one, after someone came out first. I was shaking my head at the people in the line - none of whom were more than half a metre apart - standing in that long line for who knows how long, practically on top of each other.

Don't these people listen to any precautions that need to be taken?

It's a world gone mad and stupid.

Cheers,
Megsy

Latest posts