Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bernsey said:
GOLD Billyen said:
New show out...very proud that it's Canadian made and based. First episode out now.

Here's a write up...
(Why does the guys name have to be Todd...Grrr)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

11 Television Canada has started production on Fools Gold for Discovery Canada and Discovery Europe.

The docu-comedy series about gold mining in Fort France is set to air in 2014 on Discovery Canada and across Europe and Africa on Discovery Europe.

Discovery Canada commissioned the eight-episode, half-hour series, which sees Todd Ryznar and childhood friends mining in an old abandoned gold mine. The series was developed by Kevin Healey and Hilary Frimond.
Work their butts off trying to find the illusive shiny metal that will make them rich, said Healey, the executive producer for 11 Television Canada.

Just discovered the first two episodes have been uploaded to ExtraTorrent. Read this description that I found fabulous, they sure got me hooked:

"Todd Ryznar and his ramshackle crew at Shotgun Exploration are looking to strike it rich in the gold-laden hills of Northern Ontario and retiring in style. The only problem for this start-up DIY mining company? They don't know what they're doing! FOOL'S GOLD follows modern-day prospector Ryznar and his ragtag gang of would-be miners in their search for gold. But first, they'll have to figure out what to do and how to do it - after all, their search for gold won't be easy when the main equipment is made from a rusty bed frame and a an assortment of old washing machine parts!"

The mind boggles and boggles, a bed frame and washing machine parts, can't wait for the downloads. I am smiling so hard my face hurts, hey do you think he could
be TOD's (you know who I mean) doppleganger(s). That makes me laugh too. :lol:

Cheers
Bernadette

Watched the first 2 last week. Not bad.

On behalf of all Canadians...please don't think these dumb-asses represent us.
Sadly...for each person on the show...I think I know someone who's exactly like them but, that's besides the point.

These guys give Todd.H a run for his money. There are very short at 22mins.

But what a delightful show. Not too sure how serious that group is about gold mining and I am very hard to please when it comes to comedies, but that show has got me hooked, I don't think I have laughed so much with sheer delight in a long time. I thought they were fabulous characters, they were real, with great dry humour, fabulous. Bring on the next installment.

Actually I didn't think they were dumb at all... just not too serious and certainly not committed to gold prospecting. Except for Todd of course, as long as he can inspire everyone else to do the work while he plays playboy, or whatever he does when the others are working with their hangovers, lol.

And tell me, where the heck did all those other vans magically appear from? One minute they were expected to be housed in those horrid dilapidated sheds, where their expert carpenter was scratching his head, the next there are vans aplenty.. Hmmmm. Oh and the bathroom.... rofl... with 2 young girls in their midst, they will disappear in the mist in no time. No self respecting young girl would put up with those conditions... Oh and their cooking expertise... Come now, anyone can make a sandwich and boil up some potatoes without smearing them with dirt. The kitchen in the camper was fine, just throw the junk out the window and voila.

Rather watch those guys any day than Todd, the great bearded shark.

Cheers
Bernadette

And another couple of crackers they were too. Loved the bathtub on wheels, looking forward to seeing the trommel in action sometime.

Considering how well Klondike (The drama with Richard Madden) did on TV and how popular all the gold mining TV shows are getting, I would not be surprised if something is in the works here in Aus. If I hear anything on the grape vine I'll be sure to mention it ;)
I would love to see a Klondike style show but set during the Victorian rush, possibly centring around the Eureka Stockade...

AusFX said:
I would not be surprised if something is in the works here in Aus.

Some of the more popular, regular UTube participants have already been contacted.

Nugget from Crocodile Dundee started to make his own tv show at Clermont not long ago, and was living it rough like they did in the old days, but oit fell through when his camera man decided not to turn up any more and even the Brisbane film school couldn't get anybody willing to work in the conditions of living in a swag for 3 nights a week

Would be keen to see an Aussie version, just as long as they do it like the knobs did to top gear.

BrisJoe said:
Nugget from Crocodile Dundee started to make his own tv show at Clermont not long ago, and was living it rough like they did in the old days, but oit fell through when his camera man decided not to turn up any more and even the Brisbane film school couldn't get anybody willing to work in the conditions of living in a swag for 3 nights a week

Would be keen to see an Aussie version, just as long as they do it like the knobs did to top gear.

I just read up on him...really interesting.

Gold Fever - Nuggets on the Barbie is out. Right in our own backyard of Vic!

They pull out a lot of nice nuggets for what seems to only be a days work. Either they found an amazing area or they planted a few extras.

hi guys. good idea, an aussie treasure hunt series.throw in some laconic humour and bob's ya auntie.
if and when you get a large youtube following you could approach ol dickie smith or mbe aunty at abc.
for backing.you may even approach some production co's with the concept. cheers. ;)

GOLD Billyen said:
I like it when he comes to Australia.
I've seen a bunch of the episodes of them in Tassie, but this one is the first I've seen anywhere else in Australia. Are there any of more he's done in other parts of Aus?

Were at the mercy of the uploader.
I hear there's 150 eps. and I've tried to find a list but can't (which is strange). I just take'm as I get em' and enjoy.

Balx said:
yeah so much of it is stage managed and fake i cant watch them

That's why I don't watch many reality TV shows, too much fake stuff and they dramatized it and add heaps of arguing. Diamond Divers is a fine example of crap imo.

I like the show Time Team, while it's not prospecting for gold etc etc, it's a great archaeological show with lots of digging in the United Kingdom, mainly looking at World War II, Roman and medieval sites. They even did a episode in Australia a few years back.

Shame the series finished last year.

Latest posts