Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right, he was OTT, no doubt. You know I think none of them have a clue how they are going to extract the stones from the rock and it may well be a little embarrassing for them. After the first season when they had taken some home you would have thought they would have made learning how to easily extract them would have been a priority. I think they did mention how many carats they had retrieved, a staggering amount if a good proportion are high quality, think that is all we are going to know. Maybe next season we will see their wives waving bye bye to them dripping with red stones, lol. I would like to see that.

Ya...Eric lost his cool...it was a bit funny though. THOSE Eyes! Yikes!

A recap of the season for me is it's one of the better shows as they are actually finding stuff and Greenland is beautiful. I'm over watching grown men spend 2 hours trying to get a truck out of the mud.

I was sick of watching and listening to the smart asses of the group...Jesse/Josh and Eric. What wasn't talked about was how Eric blow $200,000+ because he was a idiot with the drill. Then he got involved again and cost the team money. Listening to Jesse talk about how great he was caused me to have a bucket close by.

What I don't get is it seems they are all equal partners. Yet, they are letting Eric and Jesse be in-charge. You do need to have a foreman and Eric would be that person but, it should have been voted before they left.

Disgusting how Jesse tried to pass the buck and how Josh threaten/bullied Chad. If you talk the talk you BETTER walk the walk. Glad to see Jesse almost cry because he was put in his place.

John needs to relax but, they are treating him badly. That was a hell of a hike he made to help those guys. If he's a equal partner...then he needs to stand up for himself.

I would love to see the partnership agreement they all signed. If they spoke to me like that and told me I couldn't do this...I'd say ok, fine...go get me my 1/6 share and I'll sleep in the tent.

I doubt you see the same bunch come back...but if there's a agreement in place it could get legal if there are 10 million+ in Rubys in the claim. If you listening to what they were saying you could get that they pulled about 1 to 1.5 million in rubies. However there cost would be around 1 million. Not a lot dived 6 ways. Yet, they were "just" prospecting...not mining.

I think they've hit the mother-load. They'll all do ok.

I came across the series...How Its Made.
Actually had this episode and re-found it. One of the shorts is on how they make Metal Detectors. It also has...Rum, Tiffany Reproductions, Aircraft Engines. I love the series.

It was interesting...they were in the Garrett factory. Worth checking out.

Gold Fever, The Land Down Under is now available at Extra Torrent.

Cheers
Bernadette

Gold.Fever-The.Land.Down.Under.the.Land.Downunder. Is on The Pirate Bay now as well

enjoy all :)

Yep and its the same file, so if you add the trackers from both sites, it downloads faster.

Ramjet said:
Found another couple of shows to keep an eye out for.

Gold Town: This one is about Kalgoorlie. Be good to see some Aussie content.
First episode not shown until 3rd May.

http://natgeotv.com.au/tv/gold-town/

On another note.Todd Hoffman is heading North for another season of Gold Rush.

Update...looks like this has been pushed back til June 28th.

That's a shame...I was looking forward to it. I thought I heard someone say the shows already been released but Nat Geo just bought it. Don't know why they are waiting so long.

Being only new to this hobby and watching "Diggers" for the first time on U-tube.
I have only used an Infinium, so the detecting machine sounds heard on the show are totally different.
I have a question which I'm sure I know the answer to but anyway, Do VLF detectors really beep continuously like they appear to on this show whilst swing the coil or is that audio put in to suggesting "they're detecting"? Like the pings in movies with Submarines.

Lancair said:
Being only new to this hobby and watching "Diggers" for the first time on U-tube.
I have only used an Infinium, so the detecting machine sounds heard on the show are totally different.
I have a question which I'm sure I know the answer to but anyway, Do VLF detectors really beep continuously like they appear to on this show whilst swing the coil or is that audio put in to suggesting "they're detecting"? Like the pings in movies with Submarines.

Hey Lancair,

It's just audio added. If you watch multiple episodes you will notice that the audio is very repetitive :)
It's a great show!

SF

Redfin said:
This show has been out for a while, it is on the usual torrent sites

Finally just got it and watched it. Ya...I saw this 2-3 years ago! Not sure why they are pushing it as new. I only saw the 1 though...wouldn't mind finding the rest.

I was a bugger to get that 1 episode.

New show out...very proud that it's Canadian made and based. First episode out now.

Here's a write up...
(Why does the guys name have to be Todd...Grrr)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

11 Television Canada has started production on Fools Gold for Discovery Canada and Discovery Europe.

The docu-comedy series about gold mining in Fort France is set to air in 2014 on Discovery Canada and across Europe and Africa on Discovery Europe.

Discovery Canada commissioned the eight-episode, half-hour series, which sees Todd Ryznar and childhood friends mining in an old abandoned gold mine. The series was developed by Kevin Healey and Hilary Frimond.

Todd and the guys are simultaneously aspirational and hilarious. They fight, they laugh, they party and, oh yeah, they also work their butts off trying to find the illusive shiny metal that will make them rich, said Healey, the executive producer for 11 Television Canada.

Ramjet said:
Found anther show. Digfellas. Similar to Diggers. 2 guys metal detecting for coins and relics.
Available on youtube and the usual places.

Those guys go to some cool sites.
Can be a little irritating, but they did grow on me after a few episodes.
And I learned a few things from them.

Stoney said:
Ramjet said:
Found anther show. Digfellas. Similar to Diggers. 2 guys metal detecting for coins and relics.
Available on youtube and the usual places.

Those guys go to some cool sites.
Can be a little irritating, but they did grow on me after a few episodes.
And I learned a few things from them.

The unbearded one has an irritating voice ;)

If you have seen Dig Wars, have a look on Youtube at some of Chicago Ron's videos. His trips to the UK are ok. Imagine finding 500, 600 year old coins. 1000 year old.

GOLD Billyen said:
New show out...very proud that it's Canadian made and based. First episode out now.

Here's a write up...
(Why does the guys name have to be Todd...Grrr)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

11 Television Canada has started production on Fools Gold for Discovery Canada and Discovery Europe.

The docu-comedy series about gold mining in Fort France is set to air in 2014 on Discovery Canada and across Europe and Africa on Discovery Europe.

Discovery Canada commissioned the eight-episode, half-hour series, which sees Todd Ryznar and childhood friends mining in an old abandoned gold mine. The series was developed by Kevin Healey and Hilary Frimond.
Work their butts off trying to find the illusive shiny metal that will make them rich, said Healey, the executive producer for 11 Television Canada.

Just discovered the first two episodes have been uploaded to ExtraTorrent. Read this description that I found fabulous, they sure got me hooked:

"Todd Ryznar and his ramshackle crew at Shotgun Exploration are looking to strike it rich in the gold-laden hills of Northern Ontario and retiring in style. The only problem for this start-up DIY mining company? They don't know what they're doing! FOOL'S GOLD follows modern-day prospector Ryznar and his ragtag gang of would-be miners in their search for gold. But first, they'll have to figure out what to do and how to do it - after all, their search for gold won't be easy when the main equipment is made from a rusty bed frame and a an assortment of old washing machine parts!"

The mind boggles and boggles, a bed frame and washing machine parts, can't wait for the downloads. I am smiling so hard my face hurts, hey do you think he could
be TOD's (you know who I mean) doppleganger(s). That makes me laugh too. :lol:

Cheers
Bernadette

Latest posts