Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1504212399_gr1.jpg

RM Outback said:
producer said:
Chewy said:
I just watched Aussie gold hunters ep 9. Great episode to finish the season off with. Congrats to Diana and her team on another great season of AGH. Top job, I'm looking forward to season 3. :Y: :D lol yep I watched Jungle gold a while back now. Mike B I won't hit you with any spoilers, but lets just say the best bits are yet to come. Those guys make Farley and his crew from croc gold look professional. Just watching ep 3 of Gold fever on Quest now. So many gold shows and so little time. :rolleyes:

Thanks Chewy!

Yep 10 episodes of AGH S2. Series finale next week: Monday on Quest and Thursday on Foxtel.

More news to follow on AGH S3. Standby ;)

Diana

Ah Diana your confusing me no end :/ just watched Ep8 witch finished with a trailer stating season end next week WTF. Can you tell us when Ep10 will air (or what happened to Ep9) given the promo trailer tells us Ep9 is the Final. Final'e isn't how most Aussie's pronounce (let alone spell) it what nationality are you just makes it sound good I suppose?.

Chewy looks like you were spot on the money. For the life of me cannot understand how the producers say there's 10 episodes but after 8 tell us there's 9. Maybe just maybe there's a surprise episode yet to be advertised or the promo production team put the promo's together at 4.45 on a Friday :rolleyes:.

Hi RM Outback - Hmmmm, not sure what you are talking about?

It may be a little confusing as EP9 is the final storyline for SOME of our gold hunters but Series 2 is definitely ten episodes! The final episode will be broadcast on Quest (UK) on Monday 4th September @ 9pm and on Foxtel/Discovery Aus on Thursday 7th September @ 7:30pm AEST.

Hope you all enjoy the grand finale and season climax for our Aussie Gold Hunters.

Regards

Diana

producer said:
RM Outback said:
producer said:
Chewy said:
I just watched Aussie gold hunters ep 9. Great episode to finish the season off with. Congrats to Diana and her team on another great season of AGH. Top job, I'm looking forward to season 3. :Y: :D lol yep I watched Jungle gold a while back now. Mike B I won't hit you with any spoilers, but lets just say the best bits are yet to come. Those guys make Farley and his crew from croc gold look professional. Just watching ep 3 of Gold fever on Quest now. So many gold shows and so little time. :rolleyes:

Thanks Chewy!

Yep 10 episodes of AGH S2. Series finale next week: Monday on Quest and Thursday on Foxtel.

More news to follow on AGH S3. Standby ;)

Diana

Ah Diana your confusing me no end :/ just watched Ep8 witch finished with a trailer stating season end next week WTF. Can you tell us when Ep10 will air (or what happened to Ep9) given the promo trailer tells us Ep9 is the Final. Final'e isn't how most Aussie's pronounce (let alone spell) it what nationality are you just makes it sound good I suppose?.

Chewy looks like you were spot on the money. For the life of me cannot understand how the producers say there's 10 episodes but after 8 tell us there's 9. Maybe just maybe there's a surprise episode yet to be advertised or the promo production team put the promo's together at 4.45 on a Friday :rolleyes:.

It may be a little confusing as EP9 is the final storyline for SOME of our gold hunters but Series 2 is definitely ten episodes! The final episode will be broadcast on Quest (UK) on Monday 4th September @ 9pm and on Foxtel/Discovery Aus on Thursday 7th September @ 7:30pm AEST.

Hope you all enjoy the grand finale and season climax for our Aussie Gold Hunters.

Regards

Diana
wish there was more on Netflix....

DeepThoughtCycle said:
wish there was more on Netflix....

I agree totally. We have a good friend who has recently starred in a B grade horror movie. He was informed that once any movie or show is signed up with Netflix, no other company will touch it.

Our friend is the guy with the torch at the 42 second mark in this clip. LOL Sorry to go a bit OT. Available at Redbox.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/WYsx1teHE-w[/video]

Gregupnorth said:
Hi All,
As XIV has posted channel 9 are doing a feature on the 11th Sep This Time Next Year about me.
I can not say too much at this point but it will be like Gold Rush's first episode but Aussie.
They have enough footage to make a whole show, but how much air time there will be I am not sure.
I did it for a bit of fun.
But I am sure a lot of us would like to watch a Aussie show like gold rush but more small scale mum and dad type mining.
Cheers Greg :cool:

Hi all
Just a reminder for all of you who like watching Gold related shows
This Time Next Year
This coming Monday 8:45 pm

Also I think it will be on Channel 9's Face Book page This Time Next Year if you happen to miss it or on the web site 9now after the show.

Gregupnorth said:
Gregupnorth said:
Hi All,
As XIV has posted channel 9 are doing a feature on the 11th Sep This Time Next Year about me.
I can not say too much at this point but it will be like Gold Rush's first episode but Aussie.
They have enough footage to make a whole show, but how much air time there will be I am not sure.
I did it for a bit of fun.
But I am sure a lot of us would like to watch a Aussie show like gold rush but more small scale mum and dad type mining.

Hi all
Just a reminder for all of you who like watching Gold related shows
This Time Next Year
This coming Monday 8:45 pm

Also I think it will be on Channel 9's Face Book page This Time Next Year if you happen to miss it or on the web site 9now after the show.

Thanks Greg. Just set it up to record. :Y:

producer said:

Hope you all enjoy the grand final and season climax for our Aussie Gold Hunters.

Regards

Diana

Hi Diana my apologies, I was wrong and you were correct. Turns out I watched episode 8 then 9, recorded episodes. The whole series was entertaining (credit to you and your team) looking forward to the next series. The inclusion of new people made it all the more interesting. Seeing the Dirt Dogs pour their gold (and see their set up) was impressive and keeps the show real :Y:.

Looking forward to your update for next season.

shivan said:
Then the editing can be a nightmare depending on the trip size.

Post production is by far the most time consuming. The biggest mistake most make is trying to make their video 'flashy', they spend huge amounts of time on fancy edits, effects and essentially end up with a pile of ....

You can do very good videos with the likes of GoPro's, most of the Discovery/NatGeo shows use GoPros to a heavy extent. Don't expect to get their quality though, if you use a 4K GoPro, then edit on a 1080p timeline the quality is exceptionally good. The reason being, putting 4K footage onto a 1080 timeline makes the pixels smaller, thus less grainy and better quality. Keeping the camera steady is the most important thing, so if you intend to shoot hand-held a good 3-Axis gimbal would be a definite bonus.

For post I use Sony Vegas Pro - I have not moved to Adobe because of the huge number of presets I have made and gathered for SVP. Once I get detecting I plan on making some videos. I think two or three GoPro's should provide very good coverage. One mounted on the detector or chest/headband the other on a tripod giving an overview of the area your working on.

Only thing I would advise is not to use the ugly 'fisheye' wide-angle setting on the GoPro, it is just plain ugly. It is good for an effect shot, but not constant shooting.

Gold Rush is up in all the usual places, looks like a huge haul this year which you'd kind of expect after 7 full seasons and now an even bigger 8th season...
I also wonder when it is going to end considering if they reach their Goals this season what more can they do once they hit a threshold/ceiling?

Latest posts