Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Gold rush last show was very good and now having a ball watching Yukon. I love old AL and Hero. Not a lover of Bearing Sea but if the subject is Gold I am sure going to have a look at the show.
Some of you may know I posted a Link up about the Australian actor Gerry Skilton (Nugget) putting up some footage on you-tube. My husband and I wanted to know more and have found out he is doing a show about prospecting and small scale mining.
About time we had an Australian show to watch.
With the help of a friend we were able to contact his agent for more information. At the moment they are just putting out some footage for his sponsors. Some test scenes of the actual show will be released this year. The series will cover five years of him having a go.
According to his agent no deal has been signed in Australia for a channel to carry the series.
I wish him luck because it would be great to see a well produced Australian show on gold and our own history.

GR

For those that are not aware there is a show that will be out on Discovery some time after sept this year called Aussie Gold. Season 1 will be 8 episodes. The show has been filmed around the Kalgoorlie region. There are 4 groups of characters in it.
These characters are chasing gold via Dryblowing, pushing ground and also prospecting with detectors. I was involved myself but got cut after completing filming.
Aussie gold should be a pretty good show, bit different to what's generally out on TV.

Wait to you see one of the dryblowers in action. I won't say much to ruin the show but its a ripper.

Latest posts