Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. Just about to go to work
so I've got it to watch at 5:30am when I get home

Just noticed this on Iview.

1414919091_dig.jpg

Thanks Redfin. That Dig 1940 was on TV this arvo so I taped it. Will watch it when I get a chance. I believe there are a series of the "Dig" shows. Searching battlefields and such for war relics.

Hey everyone

In the past there's been two gold shows that haven on discovery channel that have gone back to the past (Californian gold rush and Klondike) I was wondering if anyone knows if there will be another show like that on TV soon. I remember that at the end of Klondike when the girl built that hotel and no one went to it because there was another gold rush starting at Nome Alaska. Could there be a TV series about Nome Alaska?

If anyone knows anything. Thanks

You you want to watch something about Nome there is a show where they dredge the sea. It's called Bering Sea Gold. It's more reality show than historical.
I really enjoyed watching Klondike. Specially where they had hidden the gold in the end. :lol:

Made me wonder if someone will ever locate the bricks. .. Or was that poetic license with the truth? I got a bit bogged down watching it, took a couple of sittings.

Yeah I've watched bearing sea gold it's very good.
Klondike was good. I was amazed at how they had to travel up those mountains and it's all white everywhere then there's a line of people just travelling up the mountain. Then when they were walking up the mountain and a guy was walking down the mountain and said to the guy "if you hear this mountain crack run and hide". And I also liked when they came over the last mountain and saw all the trees and the river.

Only saw the end of episode 6 Ramjet in 'Gold Rush'........Dave has just bought into the new ground for half a million with Todd based on the excellent drill results done by the people that Todd purchased the claim from.

The alarm bells rang for me straight away...why are they selling such good test results?

Sure enough, my suspicions were confirmed with the rich paystreak sitting under 5 feet of solid ice from a frozen river bed just under the sediment layer.
Yes, there would have been nice gold showing in their cores but there also would have been ice which they kept quiet about.

Bugger!!! Dave may just be finding out the hard way, or should i say, the expensive way.

Miners hey? Cant trust em. Not so much dishonest, but more like not giving all the facts Hehe :eek: (Caveat Emptor i suppose)

Great show, have episode 7 on the Foxtel hard drive but will have to chase down ep 8 and 9 now!

Cheers

National Geographic The Quest For Gold
Gold is the oldest precious metal known to man and has long been the ultimate symbol of immortality and power. Throughout history, gold's scarcity and value has driven men to journey to unknown reaches, wage wars, conquer kingdoms and sacrifice all in the quest to find and possess it.
National Geographic explores how man's endless search for gold across time and cultures ultimately shaped our civilization.

Available as a torrent at the MV Group.
size = 1.96 Gb
runtime = 90 min
container = mp4

Thats is a good show too, 3 episodes from memory, and worth another look from me.

Tfk, I'm right with you. Under the ice is my current favorite re run gold show, hanging out for the next series. I sit on the couch dreaming of putting on the gear and calling Nome home despite never diving, dredging, or living and working in a sub zero environment. Haha I'm such a dreamer. It's hard not to when you see a bloke like Steve prancing about or his backward daughter Emily as a captain that can barely dive and shelling out 50k for a couple of ounce return. The Kellys showed what peril and plunder a beer budget can get you! Love it.

Yeah I would go with you on that one bearing see gold under the ice is better out of the shows at the moment. When I watch the shows I just wish I was out in the bush catching gold :p. Man I can't even remember who the people are in that show. Shows how long since I last watched that show.

Latest posts