Out 'n' About With The CTX3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay !!
Congrats on 8000
Thats a good mile stone :Y:

Pulled out another 3 Brittania coppers this arvo
1550399041_img_8810.jpg

I had a cracking hunt this morning at one of my old permission sites.
With the cooler weather , due to light rain/drizzle, thanks to Oma, i headed to an old permission
I dont usually use a pick for digging but the ground is just so bloody dry and hard .
Unfortunately that was to cause a bit of damage to the shilling :( but on closer inspection that coin was already damaged .
1550906646_24557dda-8129-4ff7-bd9d-265e07703b87.jpg

The first target really set the mood :8 within the first 5 mins of being on the ground i dug a George 3 1819 half crown :)
1550906915_4a3b4ddb-0293-4eea-a155-fdb8eec320d0.jpg

The shilling was next followed by another silver ... a sixpence ... also a bullshead ;)
I couldnt believe it ... 3 silvers ... all George 3 ... in less than an hour !
A few musket balls , harmonica reeds and buckles
Then this ....
1550907331_31b9b027-05e2-474c-aff7-84b68f9c96a5.jpg

I thought it was a cartwheel , until i got home and cleaned it up.
The fleur de lis is quite clearly visible but i cant make out anything on the other side
Its about 35mm diameter and 3mm thick.
Ive been searching for it on google but so far havent had any luck
1550907802_c121d0b9-3372-4382-9605-8d196eb32986.jpg

A dream permission and fantastic results Sandta, I reckon that sixpence might be a William not George - probably even better in my book. Not sure about the Fleur De Lis coin, might actually be a counter stamped English coin, either way it is unique ad very interesting. :Y:

A magic hunt there Sandta, sure would have put a smile on your face, maybe even a happy dance LOL.
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
A magic hunt there Sandta, sure would have put a smile on your face, maybe even a happy dance LOL.
Cheers, SinHof.

Was pretty hard to contain on the outside , but was doing cartwheels on the inside :party:

Happy days old mate...... :perfect:
:power: :cool: :Y:
that fleur de lis being flat on the bottom tells me it was meant to stay up the right way.
made me think of old headgear from some old black and white movie I'd seen as a kid where the round thing was on the front of an old felt army cap.... maybe from a time just after they got rid of feathered head dresses for soldiers..... but kept some little token reminiscent of that time on the newer head gear. :D

silver said:
that fleur de lis being flat on the bottom tells me it was meant to stay up the right way.
made me think of old headgear from some old black and white movie I'd seen as a kid where the round thing was on the front of an old felt army cap.... maybe from a time just after they got rid of feathered head dresses for soldiers..... but kept some little token reminiscent of that time on the newer head gear. :D
Think that's just the shadow mate :)
Cake cream jam and sprinkles what more could a man ask for..An exciting hunt that's for sure :Y: :inlove: :drooling:

silver said:

Maybe i gave you a bit of a bum steer mate
There is something on the other side, i just cant make out what im looking at
Its pretty rough , can see some lettering around the edge, maybe an image with radiating lines ,like the Japanese rising sun or a palm leaf.
Definitely a coin or token.
Will try again to get pics

Latest posts