Out 'n' About With The CTX3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up to you of course, not sure whether CAB does much for the .925 silvers, only seems to work well on 50/50 coins for me (works on the copper content). Some of my older silvers get just a very light and wet bi-carb rub, just to highlight the features of the coin without removing too much of the black oxidation. Get the mix too dry and it will scratch the coin, better off doing multiple soft rubs with a wet/diluted mix, and change it out if it gets dirty. :)

Your right ... The CAB had little effect, but being the least invasive , i gave it a soak.
Id say it did help ,but , not much really.
A fair bit of time spent with the bicarb, proved to effectively show just how much pitting time in the ground has delivered
1467106422_image.jpg

1467106461_image.jpg

We should make a seperate thread purely dedicated to vintage toy finds, nice tanker & sixpence Sandta - the CTX is worlds away from the ol Ace 250 workhorse. ;)

Goldpick said:
- the CTX is worlds away from the ol Ace 250 workhorse. ;)

IT SURE IS :D
By setting dedicated tones i am managing with basic 'coin' program
(With Heathos help , i have to say) ;)
I still have so much to learn
But time on the machine is proving the real key
(An obvious point , as stated to all newbies)

I picked up a few more coins this morning.... And a couple of oddities
1467601230_image.jpg

The square at the top right may be pewter (as a guess) ... Bit too fancy for a bit of lead i would assume
Below it is possibly the swing plate from the front of an old lock
(Which reminds me , there is another padlock still in the car boot)
The tiny coin between the threepences is still a mystery
1467601558_image.jpg

1467601593_image.jpg

Looks like a leafy branch , 1971 and its a '1' denomination
The other side looks to be a crescent moon and a star ( very much like the Pakistan flag has)
1467601767_image.jpeg

Those padlocks clean up really nice, got the same one myself, but yours is in much better condition. It should predate 1929, after that Yale changed out the trefoil logo containing Y&T.

Good day out on the coins too, must be having fun with the new detector. :)

Latest posts