Out 'n' About With The CTX3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Sandta,
Sounds like you are well on the way to mastering the 3030, I have yet to build any new discrimination patterns for mine, may be next week if the need arises.
Cheers, SinHof.

Ive been out n about a few times this week, with a few silvers as my reward
Late this arvo i went back to another spot i have been to before.
I left last time because of the amount of these things scattered everywhere
Some of you may remember these rivet/clout type things
1466240664_image.jpg

The threepence was in amongst all these , i cant quite make out the date
1466240837_image.jpeg

1466240915_image.jpeg

On the way back to the car (in the dark) ,this last target got my attention .... Thought it was a large penny...
Turns out its not :D
Shame i scratched it :(
1466241080_image.jpg

1466241384_image.jpg

Ive been in too much of a hurry to post it up , i havent even tried to identify it yet :rolleyes:
Can make out Van Diemens Land and 1855 on one side ... And can read Joseph on the other

Veil head threepence, nice one Sandta! Pity about the scratch on the token, annoys the crap out of me when I do that. Still better than no token at all, and a great find, especially considering its Tasmanian. :)

Mate, you're killing it! In the first three days of owning my first CTX I scored about $250 in coins, two silver rings and a gold ring. I'm still on a learning curve with the Deus, but my heart still lies with the CTX (unfortunately my injured elbow doesn't....yes, the CTX is well balanced, but the weight is what it is, and an injury, even with a harness/bungee, still impacts with lateral movements/weight control). I'm keeping my CTX as being able to use it again is a goal to aim for. Congrats on the awesome finds.

Yes GP , scratching that pissed me off too ... Even before i actually knew what it was
Id like to say i learn from my mistakes BUT this is not the first coin i have scratched under the same conditions...
Cold , dark , ready for home , unexpected target near he car , rough rushed retrieval
Hopefuly i remember next time ;)

Only worked a half day today ,so on the way home i stopped at 2 spots ive been keen to investigate
The first spot was a sports field and a great place to again use my 'goldies' program
.....Seems to work alright i guess :p
1466843719_image.jpg

1466843794_image.jpeg

The second spot was a vacant block that has recently been cleared
the surrounding homes are quite old so i thought it had potential
1466844099_image.jpg

1924 and 1964 pennies
1946 half penny
And a cool little Ford Zodiac :D
1466844245_image.jpg

1466844267_image.jpg

1466844289_image.jpg