Out 'n' About With The CTX3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was the day for low yield hunts lol But you got silver, trade ya for my perfect fit button :)

Gday Col, 1949 roo penny , misjudged its position . and struck with digger

Yes the silver was my saving grace ;)
Very generous offer Rocket but i couldnt possibly take such a highly prized item in exchange for a meager rams head :lol:
It was actually the second coin i found.
Thought i was in the right spot , but it was mostly BB's from then on

Always the way, you get a pre-dec in the first 5 mins, thinking you have found a new virgin spot, only to find that it's probably the last pre-dec left in the park. :D At least the BB's gave you some exercise, with a few goldies thrown in. :)

Met up with some of the clan at the outlaws farm for farthers day
Managed to get a bit of a swing in before all the kids found me ;)
Its getting harder as they get older :lol:
1472974599_image.jpg

1472974641_image.jpg

There were a few more coppers , but the kids got them :rolleyes:

Are! the joys and rewards from being able to detect private country, nice finds.
SinHof.

This morning i headed off to one of my burnt down permissions
Very tough going to start with. :rolleyes:
A symphony of noises rattling through me , which i persisted with to try to identify the boundries of the building as nothing remains today.
To make matters worse , thick clover and tuffets of thick dense grass made it pretty darn difficult to swing freely.
The area is very large ,and with no real research to back me up ( i havent been able to find any reference to this site on the computer) other than what was told to me by the old bloke who now owns the property, i had no idea of the layout.
Still a lot more area to investigate in the future ;)
1473569434_image.jpg

1473569478_image.jpg

A poor excuse for a fob watch :( and part of an old padlock
1473569568_image.jpeg

1473569621_image.jpg

No good Sandta, better try somewhere else. :D Seriously, what a great spot, and a good spread of dates on the silvers too. Anywhere with Florins still in the ground should provide a few more coins yet, looking forward to see what else turns up. :)

Ye was a bit of a mixed bag date wise
All the coppers are commonwealth , most i cant read the dates
I can see 1911 and 1923(penny unfortunately)
Yet the silvers are much later (except the 1897)
And then a few BB's turn up :rolleyes:
Hopefully next time will turn out a few older coins

At least you guys over east are still managing to pluck out florins, they are like Hen's teeth down here. Reckon I'd have more of a chance at an 1800's silver than Oz florin. :p

Latest posts