Origins of heavy elements

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep take a map of all the biggest nugget finds back in time with you and bury them on the block where you live now , and take a video camera with you, i want a detailed documentary made on exactly how these oldtimers worked .

All of our top end detectors would be thorium powered by now if
it wasn't for the dark ages. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

silver said:
Well, without all our humanly tech and know-how you would not know exactly how to put new batteries in that GPX4500 lol ,..... and we, wouldn't even know what we were holding in our hands without standing on the shoulders of Giants. :D
edit in;-
hope that helps us all lol :lol: :lol: ]:D

I was watching a Prof Brian Cox doco the other day where he was talking about different types of stars, and what they create when they die. Most stars are made up of pretty simple elements with the original blue giants being made up of hydrogen. When they die (so, when the outward pressure of the nuclear reaction no longer counteracts the massive gravitational pull) the sun / star collapses in onto itself. This takes quite a long time, but it accelerates until it eventually fully collapses in onto itself and then either explodes its elements back out into space, or creates a pulsar or black hole.

Its in the last minute or two of the death of a particular type of star where the heavy elements are created (due to the insane amount of force created). And then if the star explodes (supernova) then all those elements get blown into space, where eventually theyll coalesce and create new planets.

So this is the kicker - Gold is therefore universally rare!!

What I was taught in school the heavy elements are the ones with the highest atomic number like uranium.I am not sure that gold qualifies.Sure gold and lead are heavy but may have much lower atomic numbers.Anyway that was back in 1962 and my atomic theory is now a bit sketchy.

My favorites are black holes where time and reality is distorted.No matter about gold; I want to have the experience of a lifetime. Best to do it just before death. :)

You can thank the Italians and the renaissance or rebirth of Europe otherwise we would still be in the Dark Ages.

Was just reading about the dark ages in relation to civilization. :eek:
world coulda been completely different now. 8) ]:D
1508910141_screenshot_2017-10-25-15-40-07.jpg

http://www.mrdowling.com/703middleages.html

Latest posts