Origins of heavy elements

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably correct GS, and probably oscillate around the core a bit, but who can tell?
I like to think that black holes are the eye to parallel universes - what gets sucked in there is spat out elsewhere in different time/space, but you'd get ripped into subatomic particles going in - maybe coming out on the other side in some interesting reassembled fashion?
I'd be best getting back into detecting than philosophising - I think :)

Actually I think Hawking Radiation is what gets spat back out as subatomic particles, can't remember 100% but after several beers couldn't be bothered looking either, lol, though the thought of black holes being a way to access parallel universes is an interesting subject. :)

BigWave said:
Probably correct GS, and probably oscillate around the core a bit, but who can tell?
I like to think that black holes are the eye to parallel universes - what gets sucked in there is spat out elsewhere in different time/space, but you'd get ripped into subatomic particles going in - maybe coming out on the other side in some interesting reassembled fashion?
I'd be best getting back into detecting than philosophising - I think :)

Agreed on that theory.

I think that gold did come from outer space - just like the rest of the planet did too. It all coalesced at the same time - though I'm not sure about transuranic elements most of which probably had decayed by the time earth was formed (except for those bits formed by nuclear explosions). Good, that's off my chest now I can sleep tonight! :)

I have 2 theories on blackholes ,

Firstly is blackholes are preasurised and therefore void of matter ,
Secondary is they have infinite gravity which destroys all matter by crushing atoms to nothing
Either theory is sugesting they have a gravitational pull similar to earth holding the moon in its orbit .

I find the theories of teleportation or gate ways to alter universes a little to startrek for my simple farm brain.

Detectist said:
I think that gold did come from outer space - just like the rest of the planet did too. It all coalesced at the same time - though I'm not sure about transuranic elements most of which probably had decayed by the time earth was formed (except for those bits formed by nuclear explosions). Good, that's off my chest now I can sleep tonight! :)
Had to, being that Sol is a second generation star.
:Y: :party: :party:

hAyyoUinAU said:
I thought gold came from swinging Minelab detectors over the ground.

:p
Looks like you could be right. :eek:
1508235389_faf704fb-2532-40f9-8bb4-ba3d294166cf.jpg

Lesgold said:
Pointed the gpx to the stars tonight. Didnt get a signal. Do I need a bigger coil? I think Ill need to talk to the coach about getting a gpz so that I can confirm this scientific discovery. What are my chances?

Cheers

Les

Nah, its FAKE NEWS. I tried ZED just before, and in Deep Mode...nothing.
If it was made of gold, ZED would of picked it up. :D

madtuna said:
So what would happen if they rounded up all the worlds fat people and relocated them to the one spot....say Tasmania?

Unfortunately all the worlds fat people would not fit in Tasmania. :(

Its hard when its just theory. Theoretical Physics is still that, theory for all the money that is spent what actual outcome have we seen?

Very difficult for them to claim that a earth size blob of gold comes out of it as the words, by estimates and physicists understand.

We have been pumping billion into this research and building telescopes and what not with very little to show for it over the past few decades.

goldwright said:
Its hard when its just theory. Theoretical Physics is still that, theory for all the money that is spent what actual outcome have we seen?

Very difficult for them to claim that a earth size blob of gold comes out of it as the words, by estimates and physicists understand.

We have been pumping billion into this research and building telescopes and what not with very little to show for it over the past few decades.

All very true mate but I think the billions aren't really wasted, to think "what if" and "why" is what separates us from say the humble meat ant.
If it wasn't for theoretical physics the world would not be as we know it now, whether it's good or bad I don't know but it would not be the same technologically speaking. :Y:

Heatho said:
goldwright said:

All very true mate but I think the billions aren't really wasted, to think "what if" and "why" is what separates us from say the humble meat ant.
If it wasn't for theoretical physics the world would not be as we know it now, whether it's good or bad I don't know but it would not be the same technologically speaking. :Y:

Totally agree, though a part of me hopes we never fully understand because it's the guessing and mystery that makes it all so exciting

I guess whilst it all is airy fairy stuff to us, today would not be the same, if you took just one man out of the equation, probably the greatest theoretical physicist of modern times....Einstein. A lot of our recent discoveries are only now proving up some of his theories, still more to go.

Norvic said:
I guess whilst it all is airy fairy stuff to us, today would not be the same, if you took just one man out of the equation, probably the greatest theoretical physicist of modern times....Einstein. A lot of our recent discoveries are only now proving up some of his theories, still more to go.

How many theories did Einstein get wrong? Was he the guy that split the atom?

Lucky humans. lol

Latest posts