Origins of heavy elements

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not all for us ,..... it's for those yet to be born that go where no man has gone before , those magnificent men(and women) in their flying machines ,.... that to us now would seem out of this world .
Those that will callibrate their doohickeys to shift, move, n pop back into existence where they will with distance no barrier to whim.
:Y: :rainbow: :Y:
:party: :party: :party:

BigWave said:
hAyyoUinAUHow wrote: How many theories did Einstein get wrong? Was he the guy that split the atom?

It was actually Young Einstein who split the beer atom :|
And it cost him his shed.

I am talking about modern physics, I am just questioning what they are trying to achieve. If we work out how it all works we can not change anything that cant be changed now. We seem to think with knowledge we can change the world but it seems to be the other way around the more we know the more we destroy.

Hmm, one day, somehow, if we stay here, we will cease exist, that is a given, and the only way we have a chance of circumventing that is by gaining knowledge, things today we don't even know we don't know!(thank you George!)

Taken from the wikipedia entry for Scientific Theory (my emphasis) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

A scientific theory is an explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested, in accordance with the scientific method, by using a predefined protocol of observations and experiments.[1][2] Established scientific theories have withstood rigorous scrutiny and are a comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.[3]

It is important to note that the definition of a "scientific theory" (often contracted to "theory" for the sake of brevity, including in this page) as used in the disciplines of science is significantly different from the common vernacular usage of the word "theory".[4][Note 1] In everyday non-scientific speech, "theory" can imply that something is an unsubstantiated and speculative guess, conjecture, idea, or, hypothesis;[4] such a usage is the opposite of the word "theory" in science. These different usages are comparable to the differing, and often opposing, usages of the term "prediction" in science versus "prediction" in vernacular speech, denoting a mere hope.

Paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, and science historian Stephen Jay Gould said, ...facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the worlds data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts.[8]

The human brain is the most complex computing/theorising item in known earthly existence (at least that's what it tells us - a bit of ego there?), so it's only natural that we try to understand this incredible universe and reach for the stars and innerspace.
Jules Verne with his subs, Arthur C. Clark with satellites. Big telescopes searching the skies for potential earth colliders, fantastic advances in medicine - it just goes on.
At the other end of the scale there's BigWave with many useless theories :lol:
Elon Musk (SpaceX) plans for mankind to start colonising Mars by 2024/2027. I reckon that he can do it, and hope I'm around to see that. Maybe they'll take a prospector with them?
Everyone's got to have hope, dreams and theories.

I still find it hard to fathom people don't believe we landed on the moon.

I spent a bit of time at Cape Canaveral, and honestly the evidence is overwhelming. I watched a shuttle take off and am planning to see the next generation of rockets to take off...if and when it happens.

madtuna said:

I spent a bit of time at Cape Canaveral, and honestly the evidence is overwhelming. I watched a shuttle take off and am planning to see the next generation of rockets to take off...if and when it happens.

Space shuttles are for space stations. And space stations aren't in outer space. They are within the radiation belt.

I guess Mr Armstrong would find it hard to fathom too.

Shouldn't be hard to prove though, with technology to have a remote control robot on Mars. lol

I can't even get stable internet. SMH

madtuna said:

Unfortunately ignorance is the cause of most conspiracy theories. My son has a masters in rocket science and when someone suggests that we haven't landed on the moon he very quickly puts them straight, it truly was an amazing feat with the available technology at the time. If they wanted to go back there today it would be a very simple exercise. Some people find it hard to comprehend complex procedures and just go into denial.

I am pretty sure America canned plans on going back to the moon. So it couldn't be a simple exercise. And isn't China planning to go to the moon?

Well if they did go to the moon, then I am wrong. But I have watched plenty of videos and read plenty on the issue and I can not say convincingly that it happened.

But hey, who am I to argue with a Rocket Scientist. That's for sure. So I better keep my opinions quiet.

:|

Man did land on the moon and found sweet F all , basically no commercial value :8 8.( and since anything you could build on the moon can simply orbit the earth like a satilite theres no point returning .
Australia monitored the landing relaying pictures, so if a bunch of convicts could like us could see it happen, i bet the rest of the world that were in the ego race would have hacked in and watched every move.

1508319174_screenshot_2017-10-18-19-29-45.jpg

What if those Mascons were concentrated enough to hold onto atmospheric bubbles ,... especially if the mascons are coinciding with deep sided craters. :eek: 8) :eek:

hAyyoUinAU said:
madtuna said:

Space shuttles are for space stations. And space stations aren't in outer space. They are within the radiation belt.

Shouldn't be hard to prove though, with technology to have a remote control robot on Mars. lol

Actually, my comment about watching the shuttle take off was an aside, nothing to do with the moon.
My apologies, I should have known someone not able to understand man actually did land on the moon probably wouldn't be clever enough to work that out :D

Watched a program yesterday about the problem of space junk. Can't remember if it was on Sbs or abc2 but was very interesting. Seems its only a matter of time before an astronaut taking a space walk will cop a fatal hit but know and accept the risk. Tiny particles traveling at over 14000 miles per hour, that's fast.

madtuna said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
madtuna said:

Actually, my comment about watching the shuttle take off was an aside, nothing to do with the moon.
My apologies, I should have known someone not able to understand man actually did land on the moon probably wouldn't be clever enough to work that out :D

Hmmm. You keep throwing them. But anyways
All good. I understood. I understand a lot. I am not going into an argument with comments like that. Believe what makes you happy.

I think the Russians would beg to differ on that one. At least they accomplished more in the space race than America claimed to have.
How about you do more research than tours of NASA or whatever.

Don't care. Bombard away with no evidence at all. I have seen more evidence to prove otherwise.

Latest posts