Online, Email Scams, Fake callers/Phone scams and other scam information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a new one, freight forwarding company advising my parcel is available for immediate delivery after payment is received of $5.00. Just advise your banking or credit card details for your delivery to be expedited.
Yeah, sure it will be. :argh:

I got one of those emails today too Manpa... quite amusing as it said the postage of $5 had to be paid before it could be delivered from the Melbourne Depot.

Now, I was expecting a parcel from eBay (as would many folk at this time of year), which was a "free postage" item anyway, so I checked and the eBay account holder name was not the same as the email's, so figured it was a scam/phishing...and reported it! :)

Seen this the other day ..posted some where for a laugh.
Merry Christmas ?
1577182880_33e7dbeb-6615-4287-839b-2765f03c0591.jpg

Last year I was getting calls from someone claiming to be from the tax office, asking me for a minimum payment to avoid being fined for errors in my return and now being overdue.
I had a little fun with that one ]:D
The ATO will never call you. Only emails (if you allow) and letters.

Just had a recorded call to say my amazon auto re subscription payment of 39.95 had been taken from my acc...

Firstly i dont have, use or like amazon
Secondly it smelt of scam instantly

Anyway i press 1 to talk to a operator

Get a lovelly indian genitalman on the other end
I speak heavy aussie bush accent so he could understand me about as much as i could him

He says my name and phone number have come up, as my acc was debited
So i ask what my name is ?
Reply was .hang on a second .................. waiting waiting ....... nothing
I then ask which acc was the debit taken from
He replys its about 12pm

I say ok , what type of scam is this ? and how much do you want ?
I then get called a big muudda f.....r (so obivious he was reading this phrase , i could hear him sounding it out as he spoke)
3 or 4 times he repeats this phrase each time slightly different as he trys to get a handle on the lingo.

The whole time im laughing loudly , he honestly cracked me up :lol: trying to be the tough guy :rainbow: but ended up being a comedian, im still giggling.

Anyway i told him to get it in di ya and hung up.

But anyway im sure they are wanting people to panic and dispute the payment before even looking to see if they were debited.
:playful: keep an eye out for these clowns :playful:

aussiefarmer said:
Thats not a scam its just another tick in the box to prove humans have lost the plot.
Pretty sure hungry jacks and maccas cook it on the same grill ,that way the meat fats sizzle the cardboard to give that meat flavour.

yeah they do, but the fake stuff has chemical flavours in it to imitate meat.

question... if you dont eat no meat, why would you want to eat something flavoured like it !!
AND
how the hell would you know what meat tastes like in the first place ??

THEN

Why are you so jealous of meat eaters while crying about how cruel they are ?

Nutters, :playful:

I mean that in the nicest way.
I have a friend that doesnt eat meat - he gets sick with the meat protiens in him, like an allergy,
but he enjoys cooking a BBQ :Y:

I heard somewhere that butchers rub pork cuts over all the other types of meat out the back room pre sale..... as it's supposed to enhances the taste or something.... regular practice throughout the industry in Australia for some reason(I couldn't believe it). :eek:

If people only knew how bad this shit is for both the environment (only 3% of soybean farming is considered sustainable agriculture) and how bad it is for your body especially for young males (phytoestrogens)

If anyone is inclined, an article, https://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/why-soy-is-bad-for-you-and-the-planet

Maybe we should promote that soybeans have feelings and feel pain too
1581627841_depositphotos_35583547-stock-photo-soybeans-and-soy-meat.jpg

Oh before I went off in that tangent, wanted to add.....funny that you said they claimed to be Amazon.
Recently a friend who has never used her credit card online was charged back to back $59.95 payments to Amazon before cancelling her card.

Greenhornet_au said:
aussiefarmer said:
Thats not a scam its just another tick in the box to prove humans have lost the plot.
Pretty sure hungry jacks and maccas cook it on the same grill ,that way the meat fats sizzle the cardboard to give that meat flavour.

yeah they do, but the fake stuff has chemical flavours in it to imitate meat.

question... if you dont eat no meat, why would you want to eat something flavoured like it !!
AND
how the hell would you know what meat tastes like in the first place ??

THEN

Why are you so jealous of meat eaters while crying about how cruel they are ?

Nutters, :playful:

I mean that in the nicest way.
I have a friend that doesnt eat meat - he gets sick with the meat protiens in him, like an allergy,
but he enjoys cooking a BBQ :Y:
Now c'mon GH, your talking logic here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stitched one up yesterday.

She "Hello, I am from Microsoft and your computer has a few problems."
Me, " Really, That is why it is playing up lately."
She, " Yes, It is infected with a virus and is transmitting your personal Information. "

Long story cut short.
Took 15 Minutes. :8

Her English was very, Very good but,

I reversed her Laptop. (don't ask. I really mean it. )

She actually broke down crying when she suddenly found out it was locked.

All She was told was make One Thousand Dollars and she would be paid One Hundred
Dollars for her trouble. (They gave her a database of phone numbers for $300.00
Down Payment.

Laptop is now unusable.
( This is illegal in Australia but over Sea's to me is fair Game. )

Don't stuff with a Level 2 Tech. :awful: ]:D ]:D

Latest posts