Nugget finder evo 14x9 Evolution

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pinged this one on the way out from "hell"
1461646610_20130808_0224221.jpg

I owe you guys a beer or two.
Maybe 3 and I never forget. LOL
That just tore it.
The best combo I can come up with is a 4500 with a 14 x 9 Evo Coil.
I have done a lot of research and the extra features of a timing or two just don't cut it with me.
I have been told by the best about a 4500 armed with this coil and it is the ducks nuts full stop.
I better start laying into the purchase shortly and start learning on how to detect crevices while I am Bankering. 8) .
Thanks Guy's, You have done it for me.
One Happy Bloke/Moderator. LOL

old hand said:
mxt The 14x9 evo hit the small great put it on for a few hours today managed to pick up a 0.3 gram at 6 inches its a impressive coil I am using it on a new 4500 it runs smooth regards john :)

Its a great string to the bow. Due to the grass still being a bit green, and over a metre tall, I played around at the prospectors camp for a bit today. 11" DD on iron reject, pretty handy actually. The 15 x 12 is a good coil to, stable as and pretty deep, add the 14 x 9 and you have a few bases covered. If you go on a big trip to open country, you could look at a few more options, id add an 18" detech maybe in DD as well, or a mono.....that would be a pretty big decision actually, maybe an elite 18....4500 with these new coils is a pretty versatile machine, really glad I got mine. (Albeit 2nd hand, it was only 3 months old)
I did get a bit of interference today when the wind picked up. Did a complete restart, ground balance, turned down the gain, and it settled down a bit. Also turned the theshold down so I could juuussst hear it, and pinged a half grammer. Also got 2 more signals from the same hole, but couldnt find anything else, even after ground balanceing again.....maybe to small for eyes, and the scoop covered them?

Had a few hours free this arvo so did a quick dash to the local goldfield. Wanted to get a bit more time on the 14x9" evo. Was rewarded with a nice little flat one, 0.26g.

1461751884_20160427_160436-1-1.jpg

Was a faint but definite signal to start, and didnt sharpen up till I took off 5-6 inches of top wash.

PhaseTech said:
Had a few hours free this arvo so did a quick dash to the local goldfield. Wanted to get a bit more time on the 14x9" evo. Was rewarded with a nice little flat one, 0.26g.

That was probably the last piece of gold in SA Nenad...

There is a lot of desert north of adelaide and south of alice, surly the must be gold fields out past woomera?

Amazes me that you have to spend nearly $ 500 dollars for new coils etc for the new beaut machines to find a few tiny nuggets . I think the only people making money are the Companies :lol:
And yeah , I know , you guys dont do it for the money :lol:

Hi I just purchased a nugget finder evolution 14x9. I am having trouble with interference noise coming from the wire coming from the coil so when I am sweeping if I brush a branch or grass it is giving false signals and is driving me nuts. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Just make sure your setting are right there has been a bit of emi at the moment in VIC if it still plays up I would return it regards john :)

Yep, I had all sorts of problems when I first started using mine, I have to set the stabilizer at 5 when its hot, and 7 when it cools down abit, im in darwin, so what I call hot is probably a bit different in other states. With the stab on 5 - 7 I have a nice even threshold, and next to no falsies, and still get good sensitivity. Im using a 4500 btw.

I am pretty sure it is not EMI as I can have it still and the threshold is stable, even on open and clear terrain. It is just the cable at the coil, if I bump it on a branch or even move it with my hand it goes off. I have never had a coil do it from that end before.

Hi Nenad,

Have a new Evo 114 x 9, took it out over the weekend to break it in, very quiet and stable in wet conditions in the GT. Only issue was when I bumped it on sticks, rocks and ground as I swept, (not hard) it signalled? :|

Any reason for that?

Phil

Price on all evolution search coils changed today 1st July 2016. :(

Evolution 14x9 is $525.00
Evolution 12" is $525.00
Evolution 17x13 Solid $570.00
Evolution 17x13 Spoked (to be released soon) $570.00
Evolution 15 Solid $570.00
Evolution 15 Spoked $570.00

Some dealers are still selling some of there stock for the older prices until they need to get more.

Thanks for info,...heading to the shop now hoping to get it for old stock price. X fingers

Latest posts