Nugget finder evo 14x9 Evolution

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dave , I've bought a couple of second hand coils as well that turned out to be very bump sensitive . They probably still pick up gold as when new but the boinging every time you hit a rock or sapling stump gives me the shits ! I presume the windings get loose inside and move a bit . I think the open style may be more prone to problems just because they are not as stiff . You would want to try one out before you paid up

Just bought a new elite 11 and when I registered it I saw on the Coiltek website that the warrantee is not transferable , not sure about nugget finder , so another reason for buying a new one ,though they are awfully expensive !

thanks Brett

I have used the 14x9 evo a few times and was very impressed on how it ran on the 4500 ran in audio boost with on problems had it on Saturday picked up 2 pieces one was at 6 inches I like the way it runs very quiet thanks john :)

mine should be here tomorrow I hope, I have thurs/fri off, will give it a run then.
cheers.

Coils can go bad... Having said that, I have some that are 20 years old (SD2000) and they still work fine.

AuWanderer said:
Glad to hear the Evo coils are doing well and producing small bits at good depth. I do not doubt they are better than the older coils, but I began to question weather they are that far ahead of the older coils. The reason being is the other day I put on my Wallaby coil DD and got a faith signal....and after locating what has to be the smallest piece I ever found .22 g at 2-3 inches on a slope brought me more confidence in keeping some of my older coils. Unfortunately, I can count 4 of my older coils have gone bad....I will replace them with the newer ones perhaps a Evo, or 14" Elite or Detech 15. I still have the Nuggetfinder 17" E..Mono and a new 15x9 Detech dd I am happy with. It's to bad after 2-3 years these coils become unstable and pointless to use..granted I do use them often, 4-5 times a week and they all have paid for themselves many times over. Just wish they lasted a bit longer....

Received a 15" Evo today also from Nenad ..................... impressed in both the coil and the service from Nenad. Have purchased quite a few items from Phase Technical and expert service every time. Very refreshing to deal with someone that knows the product they sell so well.

Yeah I know it's a plug but hey credit where it's due I say. :)
1460363634_nugget_finder_15.jpg

Yes already do Nenad and will love it more when the yellow stuff starts sticking to the bottom of it :p
Thanks for your help also to sort my query ................. a reset brought it all back to normal and running like a dream skated over the ironstone marbles perfect then swapped back to the 12 Evo and was also good as gold .................... no pun intended. Amazed at how light it feels actually :)
Cheers Bogger

Gave my 14 x 9 a run today, very quiet.
It make any gold magicly appear, because I reckon I didnt swing it over any!
Found a few tacks, a slug gun pellet and someones new patch!
He had carfully whipper snippered the spear grass down, raked it into channels, and by the looks of it, cleaned up on some gold.
Numerous shallow holes dug, and one very big area dug, with multiple holes within the bigger hole. I know there is one very well organised prospector in the area with a gpz and an sdc, I found only one target on this patch, and it blanked out my 4500. I didn, t dig it as it was marked with a deep single line over it, reckon he, s coming back to dig it, and he has obviously put a lot of work into prepareing the area. Probably 50m square spear grass. A few hours on the whipper snipper and rake for sure! No trash at all in the area. My mate went down with heat exhustion about that time, so we called it a day. After the 1st 2 hours in a different area, our shirts were soaked like we had been swimming in them. Jumped into the pool when I got home, and both feet instantly crammped up.....still a bit hot!

btw, I was in enhance, mono, gain at 13. A bit of emi when planes went over, but it was very quiet to use. Threshold was stable for the most part, but had to ground balance a few times, particularly after finding a target. Might go back tomoz, with a whipper snipper and a rake!

Dave yesterday morning I picked up 4 pieces with the 14x9 evo the gain and stab on 9 inverted audio normal and sum times in boost using a new 4500 regards john :)

Hi Nenad I am using inverted most off the time with all coils it brings up the iffy signal
1460688149_dscn0390.jpg

this was with a 15 evo running inverted on quiet ground it was a 15 inches and 7.6 grams if we were running in normal and not inverted it would not be in our pockets even on old ground I picked up 2 species and a deep little one and I think with the inverted just help for the targets that are on the edge of not being picked up, it takes time to get used to it but its a big help regards john :)

Great piece!

I've really trained my ears for what shallow targets sound like vs deeper ones. If I went to Inverted I'd be totally confused! But hey, whatever is working for you.
Well done

1 grain =0.06479891 of a gram
a 3 grain nugget weighs 0.194 grams, thats small, pan it!

I found a tiny piece of rusted steel, probably no bigger than the end of a pin, sounded like a volkswagon!
Spent about 1/2 an hour trying to find it from my scoop.

Yea, its getting where over here in the known gold fields this is about all there is left after the gpx/gpz come thru is mostly the grain size gold between 1-5 grains. I can do it with the GB2 however its noisy to run in the alkali ground so grating on the nerves for more than a couple hrs at a time and very limited depth, a reasonable priced pi that can pick up these leftovers would be the cats meow, for me the sdc2300 is just too expensive for finding this small stuff and would never pay for itself. I can find some of it with the gpx and 8" round minelab mono. Was hoping the new 14x9 NF evo could work for this.

It might, but you would really have to tune your gpx, threshold, gain etc would have to be spot on. Lots of ground balanceing in fixed.
Maybe a sadie?

mxt The 14x9 evo hit the small great put it on for a few hours today managed to pick up a 0.3 gram at 6 inches its a impressive coil I am using it on a new 4500 it runs smooth regards john :)

I'm very happy with 17x13 my next one is gonna be most likely 14x9. Like elliptical, they are more sexy then the round once, am I still talking about coils? :D

Latest posts